three stripped mud turtle inside

lindy

10 Year Member!
i had a male 3 stripped in a 40 gal breeder tank and recently found some adult (female)muds. SO question can they all get along together? if so what size of tank would be needed, also anyone have photos of nesting boxes in an aquarium. i need ideas.
also any ideas on setup would be great. i have a heavy duty canaster filter and the Styrofoam turtle floaters so he can get out of the water but would be nice if i can find something bigger and better but looks nice. The tank came with a toper but its made for larger turtles and i would have to fill the tank all the way with water so he could reach. i bought a few branches but they are never like the photos and its a waste of money. I do have about a dozen guppies in the tank.
someone had some madrone cuttings and thinking i might be able to use some?

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
You say "some" female muds- just how many is "some"?
I have only kept single turtles in tanks, but I've had both muds and musks..

lindy

10 Year Member!
I just bought four adult females:0 it was a buy four get free shipping.

I have put the turtle topper(with a storage container full of sand/cocconut coir) and filled the tank 3/4 full. i have rocks and some driftwood but need more and two places to bask not counting the turtle topper.
- where does everyone get the driftwood and plants? can i use driftwood from the beach?
Thinking of getting a horse trough for another "tank" since 5 is too many for the 40 gal. but it works for the next week until i get enough time off.

i have a 30 gal bow front that just has plants and driftwood that i had for fish that died. i dont have a heater yet as i just went thru two, one cracked another just wouldnt keep temp correctly. Could i put one in there if i lower the water down to about half? what is the min temp for an adult three stripped?

lindy

10 Year Member!
I was thinking i can put a trio in the 40 gal, the male and two females, i know one female wouldnt be enough. then put one in the 30 gal and one in a 20 gal unless i find something else?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I'm not an expert but the tanks seem small. How big are the turtles now?

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
It seems as if the "buy four get free shipping" deal may not be working so well for the turtles right now! I hope you can sort out the situation so everyone can be comfortable. Moozillion is very experienced with these turtles and she will have good advice for you. Good luck.

Reactions: Ink