Tiny Tales

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Was looking for some supplies on craigs list and , of course, found a sulcata in need of a good home. Guy resumed it from his sister who kept him in a Rubbermaid container in kitchen in apartment. No outside time, no UV light. No soaks or humidity.
He ( she? ) is approx 2 yrs old
Weighs 1045 grams , 2.3 lbs.
I had to take him home.
He is Pyramided . As you can imagine but seems healthy otherwise. She never used a calcium supplement. I'll be starting all of that. I do know that the pyramiding that has started will remain. But I will try and keep him from MBD if he isn't already affected.
Once healthy I may try to find a home for him. Haven't decided. I have other torts and sully scan be a handful with all the digging. Plus the need for separate outside enclosure. It's allot. image.jpg

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Good save and that is a beautiful tort.....I lay bets you will have a really hard time letting go of that cutie after you doll him all up...lol...:D

Alaskamike

South Florida
I know. Not only do I get a bit attached. But so few really create the right environments for the sully's. Too many of them out there in difficult situations. Especially if it's a male I may just keep him - they are not much in demand.

Laurie tortoise

If we didn't live a so far apart I would be happy to take him off your hands. I've got plenty if room.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
I know. Not only do I get a bit attached. But so few really create the right environments for the sully's. Too many of them out there in difficult situations. Especially if it's a male I may just keep him - they are not much in demand.
So glad you can give this guy/girl a good home. :)

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

Alaskamike

South Florida
Tiny - update
So far , so good. He is not the big eater that some sullys I've had were. At least not yet.
Walks fine , and eyes are bright. No damage I can detect. I probably should have his stool checked for worms , but he was almost never outside so he's most likely clean.
I've soaked him a few times , not seen him drink yet, but he can get to his water now at least.