Tired tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

countrygirlcolorado

5 Year Member
Hey guys! So my red footed tortoise doesn't seem very active. If I pull her out she will eat and drink, I soak her a couple times a day, I never see her out on her own though. Should I be concerned?

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs, CO
If she is a baby tort, They sleep a lot! It's like any baby, they tire easily.

I just read your thread as she is 4 years old. Still normal to a point. My torts get tired easily even as adults. Colorado springs is pretty awesome huh? lol

countrygirlcolorado

5 Year Member
I was told that she was 4 years old when I got her and that was a couple weeks ago, but I was also told that she was a he lol I don't know how to tell her age

chase thorn

10 Year Member!
Colorado Springs, CO
Age varies from CB to WC torts as they grow differently in the wild as they do in captivity. The tort should be some what active. If she acts lethargic then that can be a problem. If in the hide, then that is where most torts will hang out as that is there safe area. Not necessarily stress related but their hide is always home base for multiple reasons. Too hot, sleepy, scared, etc...

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
countrygirlcolorado said:
Hey guys! So my red footed tortoise doesn't seem very active. If I pull her out she will eat and drink, I soak her a couple times a day, I never see her out on her own though. Should I be concerned?

Can you tell us a little bit about your setup?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I got her a couple weeks ago,

This is still a tort that is likely settling in....I cut up two parts of your sentence to make this above statement .....just to use as a viable piece of info....

If you would share some of your enclosure set up check list and all appears good...then I would guess this tort is still trying to get adjusted to a new world....:D

impdragon

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
RE: Tired tortoise?

I'm interested in this as well as I got my baby redfoot two months ago. He's eating (though picky) and opens his eyes after soaking, but I occasionally worry about the lethargy. Though I keep reading that they sleep a lot, so it's hard to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.