Tito the tortoise needs your help

Naidene23

It's kind of like a basking bulb, since it is a certain wattage it can't go beyond a certain heat point. It will reach that point and just stay there. Do you have a way to safely measure temps easily? You could adjust it depending on what the best temp is for you until your get your thermostat. I am hopeful for your little Tito. Teo (my hermann's) has one more antibiotic shot and then he will be done. I of course will take him back in for a check. But I am pretty sure he will have a clean bill of health. He is acting 100 times better already.

Thanks for your reply :)

My thermostat has arrived so I'm just playing about with it until I get a constant correct temperature. What would you suggest is the best temperature at night for him seeing as he is on antibiotics & eye drops just now. Last night it was reading 26 or so degrees on my little thermometer, that was with the thermostat set to 19 degrees (so obv the thermostat gauge is off slightly) would 26 be an okay overnight temp? He lay practically underneath the CHE all night buried slightly under his substrate & did not move until his basking bulb came on in the morning.

Cymmie

5 Year Member
26 is definitely the best for a sick tort from what most people say and Teo has shown improvements with it as well. Keeping temps higher at night is best for sick torts and most reptiles. If you can get him outside in a good temp for some natural sun that'd be good too (don't know what your weather is like right now).

Ok just skimmed over the thread to make sure I was brushed up, you haven't actually treated Tito yet for his RI, right?