To plant or re plant.. that is the question

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hey folks! Back visiting the wonderful squirt🥰hopefully getting some live plants in her enclosure whilst I’m here(my order has been delayed because one went out of stock😣)

I set up a little weed growing area before I left last time and it’s thrived! It’s nothing fancy by any means but does the job😂

My question is, in the square box I’m not sure if the old soil used in there had fertiliser, it’s an old herb box so whatever soil is it, was put there nearly 10 years ago now lol, we haven’t fed anything from the box yet and it dawned on me to check here first, because I’m wondering if nature has worked its magic over the years to remove anything harmful from the soil?(lots of insect life in there) or whether it’s better to start over?
The garden is completely free of any pesticides or chemicals, we don’t use any type of weedkiller anywhere for obvious reasons.

I don’t mind having to re plant things, we have plenty more weeds😊was just curious if it’s necessary or not at this point🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1266.jpeg
    IMG_1266.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1682.jpeg
    IMG_1682.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
No fertilizer I know of has ever lasted that long. Most I don't think last long at all. That's why you have to fertilize often.
It's all safe, I wouldn't hesitate at all using it.
Great, that’s good to know! It’s been sat there empty for years now, nothing added or done to it👍🏻
Thanks wellington!😊
I know nothing about gardening outside of my multitude of house plants😂