Tom

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northeast Tennessee
Last year around the first of July I decided I would do something I always wanted to, add a tortoise to my pet family. So I started researching any and all material I would find, I read days worth of material, all of it seemed to say the exact opposite of what I had read an hour before. Then one day as I did yet another Google search this forum popped up in the search results, so I checked it out, I read many many threads, from many many different people and noticed one thing, seemed like this Tom guy got mentioned ALOT. So I did a search for just threads wrote by Tom and I read them all. I decided that I had found the info I needed. Something in my gut said this is what I needed to know. I was completely stupid when it came to setting up my equipment, well even getting the stuff I needed. I didn't understand anything about 2/3 the stuff you need, UVA/UVB lights, humidity, varied diet, it all was pretty scary. I knew I would love and do whatever I needed to for this new pet but was every overwhelmed by the startup process. I really felt that for my situation and my lack of knowledge and understanding of these things that Tom's caresheets kinda simplified it for me and I was able to get my setup going. I have followed Toms care sheets and advice from the beginning and I feel it has guided me in the proper way to raise some healthy happy torts. I did get excited and jumped the gun once w some leopard hatchlings, did NOT ask the guy selling the hatchlings some questions that I should have, that Tom tells everyone to ask before you purchase a tort and I ended up loosing some of my baby's. I have since then made it a point to retread Toms caresheets from time to time because I am forgetful, and I attempt to follow his advise as closely as possible. So when I seen this thread I thought what a good idea! I personally don't know Tom but I do trust what he says when it comes to my tortoises and I honestly feel if it wasn't for his direct guidance (any many others here in the forum, but this is a Tom thread) I probably would not have the great torts I have today.
SO THANK YOU TOM FOR YOUR WISDOM AND GUIDANCE. I personally am soooo greatful that you have took the time to share what you have learned with the rest of us.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Last year around the first of July I decided I would do something I always wanted to, add a tortoise to my pet family. So I started researching any and all material I would find, I read days worth of material, all of it seemed to say the exact opposite of what I had read an hour before. Then one day as I did yet another Google search this forum popped up in the search results, so I checked it out, I read many many threads, from many many different people and noticed one thing, seemed like this Tom guy got mentioned ALOT. So I did a search for just threads wrote by Tom and I read them all. I decided that I had found the info I needed. Something in my gut said this is what I needed to know. I was completely stupid when it came to setting up my equipment, well even getting the stuff I needed. I didn't understand anything about 2/3 the stuff you need, UVA/UVB lights, humidity, varied diet, it all was pretty scary. I knew I would love and do whatever I needed to for this new pet but was every overwhelmed by the startup process. I really felt that for my situation and my lack of knowledge and understanding of these things that Tom's caresheets kinda simplified it for me and I was able to get my setup going. I have followed Toms care sheets and advice from the beginning and I feel it has guided me in the proper way to raise some healthy happy torts. I did get excited and jumped the gun once w some leopard hatchlings, did NOT ask the guy selling the hatchlings some questions that I should have, that Tom tells everyone to ask before you purchase a tort and I ended up loosing some of my baby's. I have since then made it a point to retread Toms caresheets from time to time because I am forgetful, and I attempt to follow his advise as closely as possible. So when I seen this thread I thought what a good idea! I personally don't know Tom but I do trust what he says when it comes to my tortoises and I honestly feel if it wasn't for his direct guidance (any many others here in the forum, but this is a Tom thread) I probably would not have the great torts I have today.
SO THANK YOU TOM FOR YOUR WISDOM AND GUIDANCE. I personally am soooo greatful that you have took the time to share what you have learned with the rest of us.
Well stated two thumbs up!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
C'mon! I know Tom has helped way more people than this poor turnout . I got over 100 post on my ridiculous self-promotion thread . You guys can do better! Let's hear it guys!
THANK YOU TOM!

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Fine I'll give into the peer pressure from Mike. Thank you @Tom , you definitely are a genuinely good person.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
he's alway's been more then happy to share his knowledge when i'm working on a new closed chamber so thanks

Heather H

N.E. ohio
Tom thank you for letting me help you. Even if it was just once. It made me feel needed.

GotTort

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Tom talked me thru new tort parent jitters by answering my newbie posts. I've enjoyed his posts and talking to him at the TTPG meetings in Arizona.
thanks for all you do Tom!

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
He likes the VH version with David Lee Roth better. That's good enough for me!

DutchieAmanda

5 Year Member
Netherlands
Tom, I'm impressed by all the time and effort you invest to help us all, every day again. Thanks a lot!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Tom's posts are so helpful that I read almost any I come across because I learn so much.
Even though I'm a newcomer myself, I sometimes get frustrated with the "same old questions" that so many newcomers bring, because they didn't bother to read before asking. Tom is amazingly patient and tireless (as are others here) in answering them and directing them to the posts that have already answered their questions.
I had the pleasure of actually meeting Tom face to face when he was in our town on business recently. He is a super nice guy whose love for his animals shows in his face and his interactions with them!!!