Tom

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I have to say thanks Tom . My first expression was man this guy is an *** . Haha But he is not going to sweet talk you . He's a straight shooter . Like him or hate him he has helped alot of tortoise keepers here . So thanks Tom . Have a awesome day .

Zeko

5 Year Member
I have to say thanks Tom . My first expression was man this guy is an *** . Haha But he is not going to sweet talk you . He's a straight shooter . Like him or hate him he has helped alot of tortoise keepers here . So thanks Tom . Have a awesome day .

If more people acted like Tom, there would be far fewer tortoise deaths and/or suffering.

Playing down people's responsibility, actions or lack of knowledge does no one any good in the long run.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I can't agree more . I think a thank you goes a long way . But is not only Tom . It's Kelly, Jacqui, Yvonne all these people are awesome! (Not promoting my awesome thread ) haha But I have to say for someone who gets so much FLAC he keeps pushing forward .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
See even Tom gets overwhelmed .

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Tom is awesome no doubt!

He mentored me and helped me whenever I had questions-
He drove far more than once to support me during my tortoise shows (k maybe I wasn't the only reason he came ;) )-
He helped me out as my 1st scheduled speaker when I was part of the CTTC-
He extended multiple invitations to my family...

He is truly willing to be there for people and their tortoises.

Thumbs up Tom!

Juan V

Valencia
That's Baby Precious.IMG-20150324-WA0048.jpeg

That is Grass, a little bit of lettuce i gave her (with bits of dried dandelion and grasses and weeds sprinkled all over the lettuce). Oh she eats everything :D. I upped the humidity values in my terrarium and the torts are doing well. (still have to find a suitable non light emiting heat bulb).

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tom does go the extra mile to help. Even when I was a newbie, barely knowing me, he went above and beyond and has ever since. It is a shame that there area few that no matter what, just have to try and discredit him or his knowledge. Whats so funny, none of them can come up with the proof to back up their words, hmmm, I wonder why. Heck, one left the forum cause they never could cough up the proof that was asked of them several times.
So, yes, you may not like him personally, you might not like his forcefulness sometimes, or whatever, but that's not what this forum is about, it's not a human relations forum. It's a tortoise forum, a place so many of us are overly happy to have found and to have someone like Tom to help us out, who puts in the time to do the caresheets, experiments and all the other ways he has helped so many members.
That said, and this thread made, there will be some bruised egos tonight. If it's yours, maybe you need to put in the time and effort Tom does.
P.S. There are a few more that deserves a pat on the back too, but this one was about Tom.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Let us keep this positive no complaints or past threads . Just a good ole thank you will do just fine . All my tortoises thank you also . This should help you smile bro .

Attachments

• 1427335070645.jpg
    1427335070645.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 1427335083980.jpg
    1427335083980.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 1427335130343.jpg
    1427335130343.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 1427335140403.jpg
    1427335140403.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 25

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I respect Tom's knowledge and his willingness to help people. I realize at times he comes across very strong, even borderline rude at times :) and even though we have not agreed on everything he has helped me a great deal with my tortoise. I know that he can ruffle some feathers, but that has not bothered me. Maybe his directness comes from him being a dog trainer. I had a friend who is a professional dog trainer, she also did falconry. She owned a tortoise as a kid also. She was very straightforward when helping people train their dogs. She did not mince words, she was there to make the dogs life better and she didn't particularly worry about hurting the person's feelings. She hurt mine on more than one occasion. She was not intentionally rude but especially to people who did not know her she definitely came off that way at times. I had to accept this if I wanted to work with her. So I swallowed my pride, tried to get a thicker skin, realize that although I had trained many dog successfully I needed her help, i will never ever regret it. We even ended up as friends :) she died two years ago but I don't know one person who, by the end of the process, ever regretted working with her. I think this is why Tom's approach does not bother me. He has the knowledge, and he can prove his methods work.

Ash&Tort

I'll jump on the thanks bandwagon. As someone just starting out with their first tortoise, Tom's care sheets were an absolute godsend! Here's the little guy benefiting from the good information...

b81qiu.jpg

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
Who the heck is @Tom ??? Did I miss something? Does this guy even own tortoises??

;) of course I'm joking

Even though I feel like I've known Tom for years through the forum, I had the pleasure of speaking with him for over an hour the other day on the phone. Top notch guy with top notch knowledge. Many of my tortoises would be goners if it wasn't for me following his advice. I'm hoping to work hand in hand with him in the future with our SA leopards that way forum members can actually get "well started" PP leopards . Because I for one am sick and tired of poor beef jerky(hot/dry/pyramided/damaged) leopards!

Tom for President :p ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1427341416.189877.jpg