Too much Water?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aSoldiersWife

5 Year Member
Is it possible to soak a tortoise for too long... I just realized my 7year old was "trying to help" and put the torts in their water... It was last night when she did that and I'm just now realizing their still in there! I'm worried!!! They seem fine just scared their skin might be sensitive so I put then in a container with no substrate and food!

jesst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I would watch them and make sure they are eating and acting normally. make sure to keep them warm.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
The only real danger I am aware of, is the water getting cold and possible RI's, staying in the water over night by itself is not a real danger, just the temp of the water.

aSoldiersWife

5 Year Member
We live in Louisiana so it doesnt get too cold over night! It stays about 80 but I will watch them

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
As long as it's at least 80...and you have no A/C or fan blowing...there should be no harm.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
I would put them back in their normal habitat and keep them warm. PAY ATTENTION to their behavior, their activity level and their eating habits. Go back to the original routine and see if anything is "off" or different. Let us know if anything funny is going on with the tortoise and we can try and help you. Hope all goes well!!

aSoldiersWife

5 Year Member
So far so good!! They're doing everything normal still!! I think they should be fine bc it was outside And it's been hot and VERY humid (as always in LA)

Status
Not open for further replies.