Tornadoes in DFW bring your torts in

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
In the last hour there have been numerous tornadoes and still sightings moving north in the DFW metroplex. If you have torts outside get them in. If you have been hit and need tort help along with any other help. My facility is here to help. Just send me a PM. Everyone hope is all alright.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah it just hit like really fast. Not too certain how many so far but at least 22 warnings went off a few hours ago.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Watching same weather down south. Orange/Green skies...normally signs of hail. So, I have my eye out this direction as well. I saw the DFW stuff on the news, just did not realize it was that bad. I have been outside working on Jeter's enclosure, so just caught it in passing.

Hope all the gang up North and in that area, are all ok. You, too Kelly...I am sure they are appreciative of your assistance.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
So far so good no reports to me yet. I'm gonna check with animal shelters and see if they need my assistance or facility for housing animals

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Last report I heard, no deaths reported yet.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My son and his family live in Forney (outskirts of DFW). They think the tornadoes are going to miss them by about 10 miles. Fingers crossed.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Forney I believe did not get hit as bad as other areas. The tornadoe thats on the news that destroyed the truck stop was 2 miles from my works office. So far just damage and no injuries. So good so far.

Such a bad time for these to hit. I had to disturb my female mountain from nesting. I really hope moving her in didn't disrupt her egg laying. She was working on the nest. Mannnnn!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Here is hoping all of our members and their friends/family make it through safely. ( tortoises included)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
WalkingRock rode thru the storms like a champ! We where at work all thru the storms so WR was kinda on his own. When we got home he was out and munching on the grape leafs that had blown around the yard and tramping in the puddles!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
That's good to hear. I know one hit in rockwall pretty close to garland. When I left work the one in Lancaster hit near our office like 10 minutes after and then the one that hit the airport as I passed by but I didn't see it. When I got to my facilities of course my big ones were out eating grass. My leopards were breeding and my mountain was attempting to lay eggs. Glad nobody got hurt. I did see a story a long time ago about a big male sulcata getting picked up by a tornadoe and the owners found him in some else's backyard. So maybe they are indestructible haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.