Torso’s

ColaCarbonaria

Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, Florida
So I picked up these little guys when I was picking up 3 MEP at Vic Morgan’s place. I wasn’t leaving without a couple!
IMG_2453.jpg
Meghan named them Ronaldo and Ronaldinho. She doesn’t care about soccer she just likes when they score and take their shirts off.

IMG_2444.jpg
IMG_2445.jpg
IMG_2448.jpg
IMG_2449.jpg

Vic incubated these male so now I’ve got my eye out for some hot Brazilian ladies!!

MountainFox

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Raleigh, NC
So adorable! Is the breeder a Tortoise Forum member? Does he have a website? (I’m assuming Vic Morgan is a man)

How many torts do you have? If you went to pick up 3, but came home with 5, I’m guessing these aren’t your first! What kind of a setup do you have?

ColaCarbonaria

Pensacola, Florida
Thank you! Yes Vic is THE man, especially when it comes to the Mountain Tortoise, phayrei subspecies in particular. But his overall tortoise knowledge is out of this world! The best way to get a hold of him is message him on Facebook I know you’d get a quicker response that way than any other. I’m over 20 torts and growing at this point. Everybody is in closed chambers. I use wood frames w plastic sheeting to “greenhouse” w CHE’s on thermostats for heat and UVB on timers, topsoil and cypress mulch mixture for substrate and for adults and sub adults I’ve cut the legs off of old patio furniture end tables at about halfway up and attached fake plants so they hang down and when I ran out of patio furniture I just screw some 2x2 to scrape plywood and put th plants on that, for babies I’ll do a smaller version but also I’ll use Tupperware containers w holes cut in the side and I’ve got moist sphagnum moss in the hides, that gives them super humid hides. I also set up a heated greenhouse in part of th outdoor enclosure this year w heated night box’s for a group of older redfoots, I’m still figuring that out, it’s been so cold this year they’ve had to come inside several times. But that inside stuff is just for this time of year everybody will be outside full time again sooner than later hopefully!!!

ColaCarbonaria

Pensacola, Florida
So adorable! Is the breeder a Tortoise Forum member? Does he have a website? (I’m assuming Vic Morgan is a man)

How many torts do you have? If you went to pick up 3, but came home with 5, I’m guessing these aren’t your first! What kind of a setup do you have?

I thought I hit reply on previous entry!