Tort needs home in Delaware

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimm_reaper

5 Year Member
I bought a tortoise from a pet store unaware of his/her needs. It is a Sulcata under a year old. I love her to death, but for the sake of her life, I need to give her to someone who can care for it properly. PLEASE HELP.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Are you asking a re homing fee? Can you please post some pictures? Are you willing to ship the animal?

Extra info will help find a home more quickly.

grimm_reaper

5 Year Member
Not sure about the rehoming fee. I would like to avoid shipping. I was more interested in a local who is caring for other sulcata's, anyone in PA, NJ,VA, etc...I can email pictures to serious inquiries. Please PM for my email.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think that was Meg's way of asking how much you want for the tortoise?

Yvonne

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...Welcome to the forum.
You might want to make sure that the person who adopts your tortoise knows what to expect and inspect their yard before letting them adopt him. I also think it isn't such a great idea to try to keep him up north in "cold country" where he can't be out in the sunshine most of the time. He is still small enough so he can be shipped easily. Directions for shipping are on this forum.

Good luck finding him a good home.
Patsy

grimm_reaper

5 Year Member
I would very much like to find this tort a suitable home. I am willing to ship after seeing the posts on this thread. I won't be asking for a rehoming fee, although I would just like to be covered for whatever fees are needed for shipping and possible vet bills needed to make shipping him/her ligit. I do think that putting this tort in his preferred environment would be preferable. I would like to have a phone interview and will ask to see pictures of your back yard. I care very much for my sulcata and wish to give her a proper home.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I used to use DHL, but they don't take USA shipments anymore. So I've been using UPS and have found them to be completely satisfactory.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.