Tort Table So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Its not a sign :) The stick is just framed in with Popsicle sticks so the humidity doesn't bend it. And spikethebeast has the stickers. You won't be sorry to pick up a few. Very good quality. He only charges $1.75 including shipping. And you get em fast very good business man.

Defiant

5 Year Member
Arizona
Outside is finally done. Building a box to cover the ugly plastic of the humid hide. That should be done this weekend. But this is the outside completed.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Love it! And your dog is insanely adorable. I've never seen a traditional shar pei! Super cute :)

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
That looks beautiful, I agree with Jordan that it almost looks like an heirloom. I also like how you added the shelf below, that will surely help with all your tortoise products. Keep us posted and good luck with your redfoot!

Defiant

5 Year Member
Arizona
Thank you all so much for you wonderful comments. Feels good to know that other people like it as much as I do. The next time I post update pics hopefully it will be occupied :D. The bottom shelf is where my snake tank is going. I built another stand for my bearded dragon that I will also post pics of when it is totally done. Working for the Home Depot really helps to. Although I find I spend more money than if I didn't work there lol.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Nice looking cage - and like was said, you built it before buying the tortoise, what a concept!

You may notice with the acrylic that it warps when one side has humidity that the other side doesn't have.... I had a lot of warping problems with it a few years ago on some snake cages, using 1/4" thickness. I switched it over to 3/8", and it was better. Not sure what thickness you're using, but something to think about.

Defiant

5 Year Member
Arizona
I went with the thinner acrylic it is 1/4 inch thick. I have the sides open to give even airflow. It will have alot of humidity on it with the fogger. It needs to though for the cherry head I'm still hopelessly looking for. If it becomes a problem I will replace it with thicker material. Thank you for your thoughts and experiences.

Defiant

5 Year Member
Arizona
no I'm not Canadian lol.... The budjet I'm on doesn't match that of the breeders on the forum. I have found one that is though I believe that we will be making a deal as soon as I get a response back.

Status
Not open for further replies.