Tortoise Expo

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Canebrake Ca
I just saw that the CTTC is having their 60th celebration down in southern CA.
CTTC 60th Anniversary Celebration DoubleTree Hotel, 13111 Sycamore Drive, Norwalk, CA 90650.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Can someone tell me if there is a tortoise expo 2024 ?
Lawndale CA? I grew up near there.

There are no exclusively tortoise expos that I know of. There are many reptile shows that have some tortoises, but almost all of them offer dismal tortoise care, dehydrated tortoises, and terrible advice. Check the website at tortoisesupply.com to see what shows they will be at if you want a healthy tortoise from a good vendor.

Yvonne is referring to the TTPG meeting in AZ every November. That is more of a tortoise and turtle conference than an expo. There isn't really anything for sale, but most of the tortoise nerds from all over the USA attend, and a few international attendees too. I highly recommend it to anyone who has any interest in turtles or tortoises. They have fantastic presentations given by hobbyists, professionals, vets, biologists, and successful breeders. Topics include diet, small and large scale housing, breeding tips, tortoise trips and expeditions from all over the world, species specific talks, vet info, conservation status, USARK gives us a brief legal update on the current freedoms our government is trying to take away, and much more.

The TTPG is followed by the Phoenix Reptile Show on Saturday and Sunday at the Mesa Convention Center.

There is a HUGE pet show coming up here in Pomona in June. There will be a reptile hall, birds, fish and aquariums, dogs and cats, and small animals. There are also two excellent reptile shows in Pomona annually, usually in January and August, and sometimes one in Anaheim too.

What is it you are looking for? If you are seeking a specific species, it is usually better to track down a quality breeder and buy direct. Many of the people selling tortoises at shows don't even know how to care for them, and they are simply re-selling someone else's babies. Not all of them are bad, but many of them are. If you are going to go that route, know what questions to ask ahead of time.

TinBon

Lawndale
Lawndale CA? I grew up near there.

There are no exclusively tortoise expos that I know of. There are many reptile shows that have some tortoises, but almost all of them offer dismal tortoise care, dehydrated tortoises, and terrible advice. Check the website at tortoisesupply.com to see what shows they will be at if you want a healthy tortoise from a good vendor.

Yvonne is referring to the TTPG meeting in AZ every November. That is more of a tortoise and turtle conference than an expo. There isn't really anything for sale, but most of the tortoise nerds from all over the USA attend, and a few international attendees too. I highly recommend it to anyone who has any interest in turtles or tortoises. They have fantastic presentations given by hobbyists, professionals, vets, biologists, and successful breeders. Topics include diet, small and large scale housing, breeding tips, tortoise trips and expeditions from all over the world, species specific talks, vet info, conservation status, USARK gives us a brief legal update on the current freedoms our government is trying to take away, and much more.

The TTPG is followed by the Phoenix Reptile Show on Saturday and Sunday at the Mesa Convention Center.

There is a HUGE pet show coming up here in Pomona in June. There will be a reptile hall, birds, fish and aquariums, dogs and cats, and small animals. There are also two excellent reptile shows in Pomona annually, usually in January and August, and sometimes one in Anaheim too.

What is it you are looking for? If you are seeking a specific species, it is usually better to track down a quality breeder and buy direct. Many of the people selling tortoises at shows don't even know how to care for them, and they are simply re-selling someone else's babies. Not all of them are bad, but many of them are. If you are going to go that route, know what questions to ask ahead of time.
Ok thank you for the advice I have 3 leopard tortoise and have raised turtles for years and was just curious to see if there were any expos for turtles, and yes maybe purchases more.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
There is a reptile show this weekend in Costa Mesa at the Orange County Fairgrounds. Kapidolo Farms will be there.

The really big shows are:

June 29-30 Pomona Fairplex
July 27-28 Anaheim Convention Center

I will be at both those along with Will - Kapidolo Farms.

PA2019

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
There is a reptile show this weekend in Costa Mesa at the Orange County Fairgrounds. Kapidolo Farms will be there.

The really big shows are:

June 29-30 Pomona Fairplex
July 27-28 Anaheim Convention Center

I will be at both those along with Will - Kapidolo Farms.
@Markw84 I was thinking of driving up to the Pamona Fairplex this year from AZ. If you have been before, have you ever seen Pyxis or Coura (flowerback complex etc..) being offered? I have never really attended reptile shows, and thought it might be a new way to locate hard-to-find species.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
@Markw84 I was thinking of driving up to the Pamona Fairplex this year from AZ. If you have been before, have you ever seen Pyxis or Coura (flowerback complex etc..) being offered? I have never really attended reptile shows, and thought it might be a new way to locate hard-to-find species.
The reptile shows in California are quite lacking in chelonians. Aquatics are very few as California really came down hard on the 4" rule at shows several years back and as a result you will only see a few turtles at shows now. Normally about 6-8 booths out of over 100 that will have a few tortoises. Only Pyxis I've ever seen offered was by Will at our booth a few years back. None since.

Would love to see you and visit, but you would be disappointed by the lack of tortoises.

Reactions: Ink