Tortoise Forum Mobile Apps are here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Vermont
i have it on my wife's ipad. very cool. I don't like it as much as the online one, but it lets me know instantly when people respond to a thread or whatever. I like it being moblie too. I rate it 4/5 anyhow.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
I am having the same issue as above with connection errors on pretty much every photo I click on - glad to see I am not the only one! I was beginning to think I needed to throw my Iphone out the window to solve the problem! :)

- Good news is I haven't had the other "thread doesn't exist" and "cat photo" issues since I downloaded the update! THANKS JOSH! :D

Jessie

5 Year Member
How do I start a new thread via the app??? I've been frustrated with it for simply this one reason. Otherwise I love it. It makes a quick question on the go truely quick. :)

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Go to the subforum you want your new thread to reside in, then touch the arrow icon in the top right and select "New Thread"

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Josh said:
In case you haven't heard yet, we finally have our very own Tortoise Forum apps in the iTunes and Android app stores! This is very exciting news as I know a growing number of you are a part of our community via your mobile devices.
These apps will allow you to access the entire forum from your mobile device. You will be able to attach and view photos, participate in polls, start new topics - and new users will even be able to register via the app! Oh - and did I mention both apps are completely FREE!?

-Tortoise Forum App for Android
-Tortoise Forum App for iOS

Please check out the new apps and let us know what you think! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated. If you use the app please take a minute to write us a review in the app store.

Thanks everyone!!

I'm using the app right now! Ha! I came across it while looking up tortoise apps on the app store and got it and made an account! I later found there was a website!

tortilita

5 Year Member
I love the app! It makes it a lot easier since I don't have time to sit at a computer!

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
stephiiberrybean said:
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but when i go into the current section of the ap.
Whatever thread I click on there always comes up "thread does not exist" so i go back out and then click on it again and it loads fine.

I'm using the iPhone 3GS with the app.

Mines doing the same

Hey, I keep getting a message that says "parse error- the remote server sent an unknown response. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated. Tap the "report" button below to send this report to support for analysis" on certain threads on the iPhone app, but the website is fine, any idea what this is? Anyone else having this problem?

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
Atra42o said:
Mines doing the same

Hey, I keep getting a message that says "parse error- the remote server sent an unknown response. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated. Tap the "report" button below to send this report to support for analysis" on certain threads on the iPhone app, but the website is fine, any idea what this is? Anyone else having this problem?

Me too im having the same problem

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
leonardo the tmnt said:
Me too im having the same problem

It's been doing this since Tuesday night... I even deleted the app, then reinstalled thinking it might help, but it didn't... U got any ideas?

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
If you are getting parse errors please submit as much info as you can to ForumRunner.com

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
Josh said:
If you are getting parse errors please submit as much info as you can to ForumRunner.com
Thanks Josh... I hope they're able to find the problem and fix it cuz it's frustrating lol

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
I spend most of my time on this site via my black berry bold 9900 with there was an app for black berry make it a lot easier I'm not ready to switch to the Iphone or android I love my black berry :p keep me updated if a black berry one comes out ill even pay .... .99 cents for it :

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Is there any way that the iphone app can be updated to support the 5's new screen size?

Status
Not open for further replies.