tortoise gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Well, I always was curious why , when I picked my 2 year old sulcata to give her a soak. I would feel this like thumping under her carapace. Well....I sure did find out today. Right as I was lowering her down into the water she let a big fart out...lol..I laughed so hard. I'm thinking its all the fresh greens out of the garden that she is eating that is giving her gas. Anyone ever have this happen?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Oh yes. The "bubble bath" is not an uncommon phenomenon. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tom is so right. I always know when my leopard is going too poop. Little bubbles are launched first, then the mother ship:D

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Tom is so right. I always know when my leopard is going too poop. Little bubbles are launched first, then the mother ship:D

LMAO .. The mother ship!
OMG that was the best laugh I have had all week!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Lol...I've always seen the bubbles. But never actually heard it. It sounded like a human fart. Now I've heard it all...I was quite shocked I must say..

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
It is a little known fact that Galops, Aldabras, and Sulcatas are a major source of greenhouse gas. :D

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Haha. Like my uncle said, no matter how old he gets farts are always funny.

So is global warming why they don't recommend feeding torts beans? :p

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
Lol this thread is too funny.

One day I was sitting in my room and I kept hearing this "woop" sound. Like a dripping faucet. After hearing it a few times I started listening more closely. I got worried and even got up to look in the bathroom to make sure the faucet was okay. It was fine. I went back to my room. A few minutes later I heard it again. I just happened to look over at my Redfoot Sheldon, and started talking to him "Sheldon, you hear that?" All of a sudden I saw a big bubble pop up and heard the sound again. Finally found the cause. Can't believe I was worried and even got up to look for a leak when all along Sheldon was sitting in his water farting away :p

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
DaisyDuke said:
Lol this thread is too funny.

One day I was sitting in my room and I kept hearing this "woop" sound. Like a dripping faucet. After hearing it a few times I started listening more closely. I got worried and even got up to look in the bathroom to make sure the faucet was okay. It was fine. I went back to my room. A few minutes later I heard it again. I just happened to look over at my Redfoot Sheldon, and started talking to him "Sheldon, you hear that?" All of a sudden I saw a big bubble pop up and heard the sound again. Finally found the cause. Can't believe I was worried and even got up to look for a leak when all along Sheldon was sitting in his water farting away :p

This seriously made me Laugh Out Loud!!! :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Al living creatures pass gas ( even ladies and vegetarians), RES seem to be the gassiest IMHO.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
I really wasn't trying to make it funny. Really...I just couldn't believe she farted that loud. OK, I guess it was meant to be funny...

nhaislip

5 Year Member
I have always laugh when I hear the aldabs' gas. Sounds like the horn of Gondor! Some can be pretty loud.

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
I spat my coffee out reading this! My RF might be little but yep as soon as he's in the water-bubble mania! :) I think he is definitely a man!

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
dmmj said:
Al living creatures pass gas ( even ladies and vegetarians), RES seem to be the gassiest IMHO.

I use to have a RES and it passed gas in his tank ALL the time :p XD

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
My little sulcata has squeaky ones that I hear all the time. I have to see what's going on every time!

Status
Not open for further replies.