Tortoise has small cut on side of head

Joseph Flores

Location (City and/or State)
MERCEDES, TX
Hello, I have my tortoise in a small empty wooden enclosure with just some top soil for now as we are cleaning his enclosure outside and notice he had a small cut on the side of his head. Can this heal or is it from his shell? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4683.jpeg
    IMG_4683.jpeg
    817.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4684.jpeg
    IMG_4684.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4685.jpeg
    IMG_4685.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4686.jpeg
    IMG_4686.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
It doesnt look to bad from the pics but i cant really tell if its just a scrape or deeper. Could be caused by rubbing against the carpace or scraped against a stick or something similar. If it was a lil deeper i would worry about infection and flies getting at it and would keep him indoors until it healed up a bit

Joseph Flores

MERCEDES, TX
It doesnt look to bad from the pics but i cant really tell if its just a scrape or deeper. Could be caused by rubbing against the carpace or scraped against a stick or something similar. If it was a lil deeper i would worry about infection and flies getting at it and would keep him indoors until it healed up a bit
Sounds like a Plan, it’s a light scratch and there’s not a lot of bleeding. It may have been from him digging or trying to get out of the enclosure. Thank for the feedback!