TORTOISE MANIAC THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Surprise, AZ
ALDABRAMAN said:
When your board members push there weight around leveraging influence on your decisions, lol!

Haha! I surrender! Just give them what they want!

Here too! And then I noticed a piece of furniture in my neighbors garage. It's a desk that is in near perfect condition...but I was just looking at how it could be taken apart and rebuilt to be a perfect enclosure!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
LuckysGirl007 said:
Here too! And then I noticed a piece of furniture in my neighbors garage. It's a desk that is in near perfect condition...but I was just looking at how it could be taken apart and rebuilt to be a perfect enclosure!

:D

SDDTMama

5 Year Member
Masin said:
last Friday, I asked my 7 year old to sneak over and pull em...

Ha! I've only had my little guy for 2 weeks now, and I've already pulled over to the side of the road and sent my 8-year-old running into some stranger's yard to grab a hibiscus petal (just one petal, would they really miss it?) and another's to pull a giant dandelion up. My reasoning? They're less likely to scream at a child, and *someone* has to drive the getaway car! :p

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
:D When every spot in the road you immediately start to think it is a turtle or tortoise!

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
SDDTMama said:
Ha! I've only had my little guy for 2 weeks now, and I've already pulled over to the side of the road and sent my 8-year-old running into some stranger's yard to grab a hibiscus petal (just one petal, would they really miss it?) and another's to pull a giant dandelion up. My reasoning? They're less likely to scream at a child, and *someone* has to drive the getaway car! :p

Hahaha EXACTLY! I say "it's for your sister!!! If she could pick food for you she would!" haha :p

When you have to go out of town for 2 nights and leave your beloved tortsie behind with your partner and all you can do is think of all the horrific scenarios that could take place. What if she doesn't soak the mazuri long enough and she chokes? What if she forgets the grassland pellets? What if the hay isn't chopped enough? What if she doesn't pick her grazing tortoise sprouts? What if she forgets the salad topper? Forgets her soaks? Waters too hot? Too cold? She chokes on her own poop!! What if she doesn't use the humidifier or spray in enclosure? What if she forgets shes outside?! What if the crab dies and Echo eats it and gets sick?!???!!! I mean, never mind my partners a Veterinarian and had to take all the usual small animal, large, zoomed etc courses and has 10 years of experience :/ this is OUR baby we're talking about!!! ONLY mommy knows best!!!!!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Masin said:
SDDTMama said:

Hahaha EXACTLY! I say "it's for your sister!!! If she could pick food for you she would!" haha :p

When you have to go out of town for 2 nights and leave your beloved tortsie behind with your partner and all you can do is think of all the horrific scenarios that could take place. What if she doesn't soak the mazuri long enough and she chokes? What if she forgets the grassland pellets? What if the hay isn't chopped enough? What if she doesn't pick her grazing tortoise sprouts? What if she forgets the salad topper? Forgets her soaks? Waters too hot? Too cold? She chokes on her own poop!! What if she doesn't use the humidifier or spray in enclosure? What if she forgets shes outside?! What if the crab dies and Echo eats it and gets sick?!???!!! I mean, never mind my partners a Veterinarian and had to take all the usual small animal, large, zoomed etc courses and has 10 years of experience :/ this is OUR baby we're talking about!!! ONLY mommy knows best!!!!!

;)

Masin

5 Year Member
North Florida
When your partner goes through the savory parts of town on her way to work and tells you about a piece of junk she saw you might be interested in....then you eat breakfast in the car while circling the ghetto trying to jog her memory on the location only to use random towels, a jump rope and rope you happen to have in your car to tie it on top...only to forget the groceries in the car needing refrigeration and the fact you're 10 minutes late starting the 6 hour drive you have to do today....now you're in the bathroom updating the folks who understand you about this treasure AND further late!!!

Soon I'll need help turning this into a table for Echo BTW!!!!

image-4072199839.png

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
When you get excited because you "discover" a new weed in your yard, research for about an hour to see what it is....only to be disappointed that it's common mullein<--- a do not feed :(

feline8

5 Year Member
MD
If you spend more time with your tortoise than with your friends or your phone...
That's a big accomplishment right there for teens :D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
:D When you spend an hour delicately digging up a nest site that you missed over night!

33w5evl.jpg

Vincentdhr

5 Year Member
When you willingly cultivate dandelions, and will take the seeds instead of letting your sister blow them away. :)

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
When you spend half an hour watching your tort eat and run in and out of the torts room, checking on him/her!

ALDABRAMAN said:
:D When you spend an hour delicately digging up a nest site that you missed over night!

33w5evl.jpg

LOL:D:D:D:D:D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
feline8 said:
If you spend more time with your tortoise than with your friends or your phone...
That's a big accomplishment right there for teens :D

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.