TORTOISE PENIS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wosman

5 Year Member
I'm freaking out!

I was washing mango and i was told she was female, but then I saw a giant 2 inch redish thing coming out of her tail. I tried looking it up on google and it said it was 'her' penis. Is mango male?

I tried to get a picture but to no avail, it was gone before i could grab my camera.

Help please!

Thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They call that flashing, you've been flashed. Yes she is a he.:D

Search tortoise flashing at the top of TFO in the search bar. You will find a few old threads.

wosman

5 Year Member
wellington said:
They call that flashing, you've been flashed. Yes she is a he.:D

Search tortoise flashing at the top of TFO in the search bar. You will find a few old threads.

oh my god. well thanks haha

I have to have a word with HIS vet

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
At least Mango is a genderless name!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I should have warned you about what you will see when you look it up.:D. I figured seeing you were already flashed, it wouldn't shock you. Hehehe. It shocked the you know what out of me when I first seen it, in picture only. So far mine has not flashed me. So I still am waiting to find out if boy or girl. Too young yet I think.:D

wosman

5 Year Member
Well when I got him they told me he was male. so I named him mango. Then i took him to the vet a month later and the vet said 'no this is female.' That was 7 months ago. I paid 80 bucks to be told the wrong gender.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Wes:

If you are talking to a person who doesn't know all that much about tortoises, then they confuse the fact that Russian males have flat plastrons with the fact that they believe all male tortoises have concave plastrons. This usually fools them into thinking Russians are female.

Status
Not open for further replies.