Tortoise Penis

Adzyfinch1998

Quite a weird topic of conversation... My tortoise is 5 years old and he was out walking around like normal and his tail came down as if he was about to poo, so i put him back in his enclosure and he started to tense up really high on his legs, his tail went twice as thick and I could just see his penis starting to appear before fully coming out, and he kept it out for about 5 minutes trying to walk around before finally putting it away. This is the first ever time I have seen him do this and I was just wondering if anyone knows what is going on and is this normal for a 5 year old tortoise! :')

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
It's known as flashing and perfectly normal for growing males! Some do it more than others. Don't be concerned :)

Adzyfinch1998

It's known as flashing and perfectly normal for growing males! Some do it more than others. Don't be concerned :)

didn't think it was anything to be concerned about, is this a normal age for them to start doing that as he's never done it before

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Tortoises mature by size. When exactly they start varies a little, but if your guy has done it then the testosterone is starting to surge. :)

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Welcome to adulthood little buddy.

I have to watch my step when my 2 boys get 'excited' because they leave puddles. =/ They like to do it in the bath most of the time at least.