Tortoise Seed MIX ID

gabby.santana

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hoping someone can identify what these weeds are.

I bought a tortoise seed mix from eBay a while ago and I just want to know if there are any plants here that shouldn't be fed at all or should be fed in moderation.

For example, I thought clovers are bad? 20180505_084722.jpg20180505_084715.jpg20180505_084709.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I can't tell what the little sprouts are yet, but I can tell you that clover is a very good tortoise food as part of a varied diet. Oxalis, which looks similar to clover, should not be fed to them. Maybe that is what you were thinking?

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
I am pretty sure the top one is of young chia plants; they are in at least one seed mix I know of. Safe. They grow bigger than some of the other plants in most mixes so feel free to yank some of the smaller ones, to make room for other plants to grow.

That third plant just came up in my yard, too! From a seed mix. I haven’t figured out what it is yet, a brassica maybe. Perhaps something as simple as a radish. I don’t know if I’ll ever be sure, as something is eating it pretty quickly! Yours are all in pots; let that one grow a little longer before you decide if it’s safe.