Tortoise sellers?

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eugene, OR
I have 2 male nogueyi you might have remembered. I got these girls in april '17 overnight shipped and they were cold and damp when I got them and was really concerned they might get sick. Fortunitely did not. So now am very concerned about shipping weather. Up at 30,000 is never warm and temps down here not much help until spring. Seems "heat" packs aren't even good for a day. I'll still consider though. Is there a recommendation for H2O proofing wood on here somewhere. Something we can do in the animal room without any toxicity? This thread's kind of going astray..

2turtletom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Akron, Ohio
I have 2 male nogueyi you might have remembered. I got these girls in april '17 overnight shipped and they were cold and damp when I got them and was really concerned they might get sick. Fortunitely did not. So now am very concerned about shipping weather. Up at 30,000 is never warm and temps down here not much help until spring. Seems "heat" packs aren't even good for a day. I'll still consider though. Is there a recommendation for H2O proofing wood on here somewhere. Something we can do in the animal room without any toxicity? This thread's kind of going astray..

Well, Hi Bill, as far as waterproofing wood, I know that some keepers are using a product called Flexseal. I Really like Tuff Stuff tubs.....they are cheap, economical and water proof....I remember that you have two male Nogs....as far as the shipping goes, there are good heat packs, lots of people are shipping animals successfully all across the country!