Tortoise shell question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaverocco

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Nevada
Ok so I got my baby Desert Tortoise from my neighbor which had him in calcium sand for like 1-2 weeks. We;; it was in his eyes (now it isn't i fixed it with eyedrops) but it was red calcium sand and his shell is kinda red. How do I change his shell back to its original color? Thanks! :tort: :tort:

ScottishFish

5 Year Member
Scotland
Nothing happens fast when it comes to torts :)

1 Eastern Hermanns Tortoise 2.5yo

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
You can try scrubbing the shell with a toothbrush, using a little soap and water.

Mojaverocco

5 Year Member
Southern Nevada
How to fix shell color?

Ok so I got my baby Desert Tortoise from my neighbor which had him in calcium sand for like 1-2 weeks. We;; it was in his eyes (now it isn't i fixed it with eyedrops) but it was red calcium sand and his shell is kinda red. How do I change his shell back to its original color? Thanks! :tort:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
RE: How to fix shell color?

I think you already asked this before. It will ware off. There is really nothing else you can do. You can try soaking him in warm water and taking a soft tooth brush and lightly brush over his shell. Some might come off, but mostly, your just going to have to wait until it wares off.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
How to fix shell color?

How long have you had him? Is it the same one you posted about a few months ago? First I would start with daily soaks and it will take care of itself over time.

Mojaverocco

5 Year Member
Southern Nevada
RE: How to fix shell color?

theelectraco said:
How long have you had him? Is it the same one you posted about a few months ago? First I would start with daily soaks and it will take care of itself over time.

Yeah the same one and I always thought it would ware off but it hasn't! :(

wellington said:
I think you already asked this before. It will ware off. There is really nothing else you can do. You can try soaking him in warm water and taking a soft tooth brush and lightly brush over his shell. Some might come off, but mostly, your just going to have to wait until it wares off.

Yeah I just posted again because no one else was answering

Status
Not open for further replies.