Tortoise sleeping for many day

Ozzy1975

Location (City and/or State)
London
Hi, I just wanted to ask for some advice please. My Herman’s tortoise is just over 2 and he’s sleeping for days and days. I’m just concerned he’s trying to hibernate. I have woke him up after 3 days because I’m worried about him. Do I just leave him to sleep in further. I just want to do right by him.

Thank you

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
What conditions are you keeping him in? Temperature, humidity, enclosure, substrate, diet...?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There is his house.
You need to make some improvements with the heating and lighting. Please read the following threads. They will explain what is going on and what to do:

Ozzy1975

London
You need to make some improvements with the heating and lighting. Please read the following threads. They will explain what is going on and what to do:

Thank you so much for this it has really helped

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Cool beans that you knew to ask!!

Did you build his enclosure? Nice work!

Likely he's cold among other things.......but now that you've been pointed to the best care sheets period, he'll be fine!!

I'm just going to throw it out there because I usually miss the easy stuff......since his home doesn't weigh much, what about lifting it a couple feet off the colder floor while creating usable storage for his stuff...and yours?