Tortoise Table Liner

mrpb

Location (City and/or State)
Loveland, Colorado
Hi all,

I've recently completed a tortoise table for my new Western Hermann's baby and wanted some opinions on the liner. I used a shower curtain and placed organic topsoil on top as substrate. I may be paranoid, but I figured it was worth the ask since she's so tiny. The shower curtain doesn't come up very far and I'm nervous about her getting stuck between it and the wall of the table. Is this a risk for suffocation? Anything I can do to fix it?Tortoise Box.jpg

TaylorTortoise

Abington
Perfect! I use cabinet liner to line the inside of my tortoise garden enclosure. A shower curtain works perfectly as well.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
I would make sure your temps are very high to keep the baby warm with how damp the substrate it. Damp is good, but so is high humidity and a hot basking spot.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
How about putting something all along the edge of the curtain to hold it down - thin strips of wood cut to fit, but not fixed in place, just lightly pressed down over the plastic - or a line of stones ?
Angie

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
I use self sticking linoleum squares on the bottom and sides of my wood enclosures. You can buy it by the piece at Home Depot or Lowe's.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
How about putting something all along the edge of the curtain to hold it down - thin strips of wood cut to fit, but not fixed in place, just lightly pressed down over the plastic - or a line of stones ?
Angie
Cabinet liner and a staple gun works.