Tortoise Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
I'm going to begin making my own tortoise table this week. Anyone have suggestions, things to include, ideas, etc? I'm excited about it! I'll post pics upon completion. Ideas would be great thanks!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I like the idea of L shaped enclosures. High enough sides for a small second level doubling as a hide?

jkingler

5 Year Member
As lynnedit said:

-If you make an L, it can really save floor space/mainly occupy wallspace. Also, breaks line of sight nicely and allows easier access to torts by simply reaching in.

-Multiple levels are fun to play with.

Also:
-From what I've read, I would DEFINITELY suggest something that can be easily disassembled, in case you want to move it!

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
I would say before you put substrate in their to put heat rope in a certain spot for a humid hide, i have a coule strans of heat rope under one of those dishwashing tubs from walmart, i have a door cut out in it and have my half log leading up to the cut in door, my tort loves it, and it keeps it at 90% humidity and 80 degrees. I also have a not heated humid hide for him, but once he started exploring and found the heated hide he doesnt want anything to do with the other one!

Status
Not open for further replies.