Tortoises Fighting

COmtnLady

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
I stumbled across this on You Tube, so it isn't actually "in the news", but it is interesting to watch. I'm thinking people who want to keep two tortoises together should probably see it.

(I suggest turning the sound off because the voice-over is a little goofy and annoying.)

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Yes, it's not amusing, and I think anyone who finds it funny should not be keeping tortoises. This demonstrates the actual physical contact fighting, but the constant silent oppression and crowding dominance is so often mistaken for "cuddling".

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What people don't understand. In captivity, the one running can't get away like in the wild.
The videos that drive me nuts are the ones where a tortoise/turtle is on its back and the other turtle is still ramming it. Everyone thinks the ramming one is the others friend and helping it to flip back over. They never show the beginning where the turtle is ramming the other and flipped it.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
What people don't understand. In captivity, the one running can't get away like in the wild.
The videos that drive me nuts are the ones where a tortoise/turtle is on its back and the other turtle is still ramming it. Everyone thinks the ramming one is the others friend and helping it to flip back over. They never show the beginning where the turtle is ramming the other and flipped it.
Exactly!