Tortoises on CBS Sunday Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Did any of you catch the showing of CBS Sunday morning today? One of the topics was about Alan Menken, songwriter. It showed footage of his home where he has a home inside just for his tortoises. There are large leopards and an aldabra. If you want to take a look, the tortoise part is about 3/4 way through the clip.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7400082n&tag=contentMain;contentBody

I enjoyed it. Hope you will too. It takes awhile to load.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
I watched it.....kinda cool that he built a "tortorium"..however his torts were showing signs of pyramiding....

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
jojodesca said:
I watched it.....kinda cool that he built a "tortorium"..however his torts were showing signs of pyramiding....

I thought his tortoises looked good and healthy. At first I thought they were all living together, but the second time I looked at it, it seemed that he had pens around the center room (the torti great room I guess, haha).

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
If I had the money, I would have a paradise built just like that for my tortoises...

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Oh WOW you have celebrities following you on Facebook!!!!!!!

My life is so boring.

Them leopards sure looked good!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Either celebs or just somebody using their tortoise place, as if it was really theirs. ;)

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Neal said:

My life is so boring.

Neal, we don't mess around here at TortoiseSupply.com LOL.... I'm convinced Leonardo DeCaprio is lurking there somewhere under a fake name ;)

Either celebs or just somebody using their tortoise place, as if it was really theirs. ;)

Yeah, I don't know the lady that posted it, but she did have the name right on "Petunia," apparently before "Petunia" was named on the TV show.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
TylerStewart said:
Neal, we don't mess around here at TortoiseSupply.com LOL.... I'm convinced Leonardo DeCaprio is lurking there somewhere under a fake name ;)

I bet you're right. Imagine the publicity you'd receive if he let the world know he was your fan...the top news story one day awhile back was that he purchased a sulcata. Everyone would want a tortoise supply tortoise! That'd be cool.

The closest I ever got to a celebrity is my old neighbor was the founder of Cold Stone...he's kind of a celebrity right? He had a pool shaped like an ice cream cone.

And Tom too. Tom's a celebrity.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
Yeah, at that same show Leo and his apparent girlfriend were at our booth for quite a while looking at a maybe 16" female sulcata we had there, but they had pre-arranged to buy one from the other vendor so they didn't get one from us. Sarah talked mostly to his girlfriend at the time, and only as they were walking away did we realize who they were (he was in dark glasses and a low hat).

Of course Tom is a celebrity. You can tell because he's from Cali and he's had a hand in all those movies and TV shows. Plus, look at this face:
30clg84.jpg

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
So, the woman who posted the photos on the TortoiseSupply Facebook page is really a male and his name has been changed to protect the innocent. Then, they gave it away on CBC Sunday morning show. We are no dummies here. There are probably other celebs on this forum who own torts. Okay, celebs fess up, who are you really???? We won't tell ;)

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
Neal said:

My life is so boring.

I have a few celebrities too following me...and i have had actual real conversations with them...it's cool to know they are actually "normal" ppl

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
DesertGrandma said:
Did any of you catch the showing of CBS Sunday morning today? One of the topics was about Alan Menken, songwriter. It showed footage of his home where he has a home inside just for his tortoises. There are large leopards and an aldabra. If you want to take a look, the tortoise part is about 3/4 way through the clip.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7400082n&tag=contentMain;contentBody

I enjoyed it. Hope you will too. It takes awhile to load.

I saw that! I was thinking he was a pretty cool and talented guy, then BAM! He keeps torts too!

I was tickled by his choice of tortarium for his habitat- just like my much smaller one. But HIS 'tortarium' is probably derived from 'tortoise solarium', while mine is 'tortoise vivarium'.

I would love to use his example whenever anyone asks what it would take to let their torts free roam!

Status
Not open for further replies.