Torty's shell growing uneven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangito

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I was spending some quality time with my babies when I noticed Torty's shell was kind of uneven. Like some scutes(?) are growing and done aren't.. And some feel kind of uneven... By what the breeder told me, Torty is about 5 weeks old and I've seen new growth between the scutes the whole time. Will it even out? Are they old enough to start pyramiding?

I've been giving them a mix of collards, romaine, bok choy, mustard greens, etc. Haven't been able to find many weeds yet where I live, at least not the green kind. Their habitat is 80% humidity 80 degree with 100 degrees basking, but only for about a week now.

I tried to take pictures, but you can't see it that well. Koopa is round so far.

20130807_183046.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gwenn

5 Year Member
as the shield deforms. it is a woman. it comes through the incubator slightly too high. but it can also if you give them meat is very bad. give as much as possible no fat is very bad

Sent from my GT-I9100

neonsparklexoxo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
syracuse new york
Mangito said:
Tom said:
The tort pictured looks fine and normal to me.

Please read this: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-76744.html

It definitely feels uneven. Like some scutes are growing and done aren't. And some are growing lopsided. Will it even out?

my sulcatas scutes are the same, she has extra ones, and my vet said that it is just a slight shell deformation, and it is compeletly harmless and will most likely not be noticeable at full size.

Status
Not open for further replies.