TOUCANJUNGLE= BAD BUSINESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike1011

5 Year Member
Hello everyone havent posted in a while but want everyone to know problems I am having with Chris at toucan jungle. In April of 2011 Chris adv. his 4-5" aldabs, I sent him 3090. for two plus shipping. He then told me he didnt have them yet but will be in shortly. shortly turned into six months at which I asked for the money back. After another month he sent 1000. of it with alot of excuses why he cant pay in full. After MANY more e-mails he finally sent another 1500. in april of 2012 leaving a balance of 590. After not hearing from him I asked if I could get five of his baby leopard torts to finish off the balance, he claimed we where square. After daily e-mails requesting my money he only replied to one recently saying"daily e-mail reminders will not work". At that point I filed a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center which is run by the FBI. They contacted him and his true colors are really coming out now!! I have all my transactions to prove this, but will not as this is now a police investigation. I do have the FBI case number I can e-mail anyone interested in purchasing from Chris before they send the money. I still have not received they money, but he isnt adv. recently. BEWARE!!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
mike1011 said:
This is now a police investigation BEWARE!!

I have spoken to him in the past about adult aldabras he had advertised for sale. He was unable to provide any pictures and never responded back. Made me kinda suspicious that he never really had the tortoises!

I hope your complaint ends with positive results!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
He is a broker...nothing more! His specialty is birds...which he does stock! Tortoises are a quick buck thing for him. BEWARE! Also, how did you pay him? If it was Paypal, you can register a complaint. Or better yet, ask for your money back and deal with Aldabraman...if you want the best...you should go to the best!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I have always had a sour taste of him. It goes back 8 years ago actually. I sent him money for an adult female leopard, well i got her alright, the photo showed a perfect 16" high white. Well I got a MBD very messed up animal that almost died, I worked at a vet during this time so luckily had the ability to treart her. She ended up costing me almost 4K, he did refund my money for the leopard, MINUS 500 bucks because thats what he thought she was at least worth. Shes got a story attached to her alright. I never did any business with him since then, and to be honest, even if the photos of all the dabras arent his, I dont like their living situation at all. In one photo theres like 16-20 10" aldabras, in like a 4x8 pen, on some real dry hay. Just my thoughts greg would be the only person to deal with when it comes to aldabras.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Mod note
Please comment only if you have done business with said vendor, or attempted to have done business, thank you.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Attempted once...same situ as mike1011 only I declined to leave any deposit...and he's only a couple hundred miles away in San Diego! He's on Kingsnake ALL the time! Again...BEWARE!

mike1011

5 Year Member
DeanS said:
Attempted once...same situ as mike1011 only I declined to leave any deposit...and he's only a couple hundred miles away in San Diego! He's on Kingsnake ALL the time! Again...BEWARE!

Not anymore!!!!!!!, or at least till this is cleared up:)

mike1011

5 Year Member
Chris at Toucan Jungle has returned my money in full with a genuine apology! I wish him the best as he stepped up and righted his wrongs!! I have no ill feelings and hope everyone here feels the same as he did make it right. Theres alot to be said from that. Mike

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Congrats Mike...now you need to talk to Bob or Greg and make arrangements for next year's clutch(es).

Status
Not open for further replies.