Traveling with 3mn old sulcata

Newbabymama

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
We will be traveling for a few nights and have nobody to watch our little guy. My current plan is to get a car power inverter and move his whole little enclosure in the van with us. I would keep his Temps and routine the same and think he will probably sleep most of the way. I am thinking this would be less stressful for him then trying to leave him here with extra food and out of his normal routine. Taking him with us his environment and routine would stay the same. Thoughts?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Leave him at home. Have someone look in on him daily.

You can also:
1. Soak daily right up until the day you leave.
2. Remove the water bowl the day you leave.
3. Leave a spineless opuntia pad.
4. Soak, feed, and replace the water bowl the day you return.
5. Bonus points for setting up a wifi camera so you can check on him frequently.

This only works if all the heating and lighting is set up correctly on timers and thermostats.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
If you really can’t find (or don’t trust) a friend or neighbor, check into PETSIT. ➡️➡️ https://www.petsit.com/

I agree with all of Tom’s suggestions & definitely don’t drag your young tortoise along with you. You are asking for trouble.

Lights on timers, a good soaking right before you depart etc. All it takes is one little road incident, an issue with your inverter, or battery or alternator, & any number of other things & you have a major problem on your hands.