Traveling Woes

Whitneyrae

So in April I will be going on a vacation, I will leave Thursday night and return either Sunday night or early Monday morning. I am leaving my tort at home, as there really is nowhere else for her to go, and I don't want to stress her out. I hate asking my friends for too much help, any suggestions?

TMK1971

Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Good for you! Vacations are always nice. I wish I had some advice...but I am still learning myself.
Is your tort inside or outside? I have a feeling inside...cute picture!

katrvt

5 Year Member
Look for a pet sitter.. most vets have at least one assistant or technician who does pet sitting on the side.

Whitneyrae

oh thank you! I didn't even think of that! I will be calling the vet today! This is why I love this forum so much :)

RussianTortxo

5 Year Member
Florida
Some exotic vets have boarding at the clinic for situations like this but usually request their enclosure and food and everything so that they have the same things their used to at home. I know they have boarding for exotics here in Clearwater which is nice if I ever need it.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Thank God I have Mother in-law.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Russian torts can take a few days of being alone. Get a timer, they have little ones for as little as $3.00 at Home Depot or Wal-Mart. Set the lights up on the timer so they still have a day night cycle. Use foods that will last. I put a few cactus pads in with them and a pile of greens. Up size the water dish and make sure it is full and clean right before you leave. if it will lower your stress, have a friend over to change the water on Saturday. If you have an outdoor enclosure and weather permiting, even better! Fill up the water and have a nice vacation.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
TMK1971 said:
bouaboua said:
Thank God I have Mother in-law.

You don't hear that everyday!:D

She is wonderful. She have a very green thumb that grow all me Tortoise green in my back yard. No complaint what so ever.

Whitneyrae

Thank you! I would like to find someone to pet sit her (more to ease my stress than anything) but if all falls through I'll try the timer, cactus, and large water dish. Thanks! :)