Vacation

FrankiesMom

Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, FL
Hello! We are going on vacation in October...leaving on a Thursday early and coming back on a Sunday afternoon. If I soak Frankie before I leave Thursday morning, is he okay not soaking again until Sunday evening? He's only about 2-1/2 inches so he's still just a baby and I don't trust anyone to soak him while I'm gone. I can get someone to feed him and give him clean water. I soak him 60 minutes every day. Thoughts?

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I left my redfoot for a few days when he was quite small... If you soak and feed him before and after, the temp and humidity of your enclosure are good, and you can leave some food/water for him, he'll be fine for a couple of days.

Jamie

kazjimmy

baldwin park
Get a food plastic box with closed lip. Drill a hole that your little tortoise can get in and out. Put some mulberry leave inside and spray good amount of water. This should keep the leave fresh for few days. Adjust your temperature lower to 76-80s. Turn off the basking lamp. Your little baby can be survival for a week. You must soak and feed your little tortoise once you return.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Get a food plastic box with closed lip. Drill a hole that your little tortoise can get in and out. Put some mulberry leave inside and spray good amount of water. This should keep the leave fresh for few days. Adjust your temperature lower to 76-80s. Turn off the basking lamp. Your little baby can be survival for a week. You must soak and feed your little tortoise once you return.
Tortoises have to bask at the higher temp to digest their food. I think it's a bad idea to lower temps and turn off basking.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I left my little one yeara ago for weekends all the time. I didnt even have a tort watcher at that time.
I gave to water bowls as they like to poop in one, big piles of wet greens, in a couple different places out of the heat of the basking light and everything was on a timer and/or thermostat. He always did fine and is doing fine today
Oh and remove any flipping hazards.

FrankiesMom

Tampa, FL
Thank you all for the responses. I feel better. His lights/basking lamp/CHE are all on timers so I'll leave those as is. I'll put food in the cooler areas of his enclosure so it doesnt all dry up too quickly...and another container for water in hopes he doesn't poop in both!
Thank you, again! As always, y'all never fail me!