Traveling

Sophiaa

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I have two baby sulcata tortoises and I’m going to be traveling to Vegas soon which is seven hours from where I live. So I am wondering if I could travel with my tortoises because I have no one to take care of them, and I would be gone for about a week. Also how would I make the traveling the best for them as it is a long drive.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Tortoises stress easily, so I wouldn't recommend taking them on the trip. Plus you may not be able to give them much attention while you're there. They'll need their proper setup with lights, soaks, food, and water.

It's best to ask around and see if you can find someone, even someone in this group, who would be willing to watch them for you.

How big are they? Where in Arizona are you located?

Sophiaa

Arizona
Tortoises stress easily, so I wouldn't recommend taking them on the trip. Plus you may not be able to give them much attention while you're there. They'll need their proper setup with lights, soaks, food, and water.

It's best to ask around and see if you can find someone, even someone in this group, who would be willing to watch them for you.

How big are they? Where in Arizona are you located?

They are fairly small, and I live in Tucson. But, my brother who lives I Vegas has an extra tank and I could just bring my lights. It is just I’m worried something might happen while I’m gone.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
They are fairly small, and I live in Tucson. But, my brother who lives I Vegas has an extra tank and I could just bring my lights. It is just I’m worried something might happen while I’m gone.
If your brother is able to help you get them set up and it would ease your worries to take them, then be sure to keep them safe and comfortable on the ride there. You can put them in a box with a towel. Keep food and water handy to offer them during the drive. Give both a good long soak before you leave.

Sophiaa

Arizona
If your brother is able to help you get them set up and it would ease your worries to take them, then be sure to keep them safe and comfortable on the ride there. You can put them in a box with a towel. Keep food and water handy to offer them during the drive. Give both a good long soak before you leave.

Okay, thank you so much for your help!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If your current enclosure will fit in the car, it would be best to just move the whole thing. That way they would have no idea they were moving to a different location.