Travelling Tortoise

ladyvalkyrie

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Sill, Oklahoma
After Deryn came home, I decided our routine had to change. And I wanted to spend more time with her, which means she'll be on the road a lot. I've taken her to school with my, and today I have her at my mom's craft fair with us. In December we're moving to Oklahoma. So lots of time in the car in our future.

How do I make driving easier for her? My car, while fairly new, vibrates a lot. It has a smooth ride but the seat shakes. It's not noticeable to me, but I can see her head vibrate with surely bothers her. I've talked to other tort parents and I've put her in a box on the passenger seat and I cover half of it with a blanket so she can hide.

How do y'all travel with your babies?

Attachments

• 1412444520940.jpg
    1412444520940.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 1412444608716.jpg
    1412444608716.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 35
you're got a very beautiful red-foot there. My advice, while I don't have much experience transporting my baby red-foot in the car, the road trip to and back from college includes a lot of vibrating for him. I've found that placing something soft like a fluffy blanket underneath your torts box can help absorb some of the access vibrations. It also helps, though your tort maybe to big, to keep the box on your lap. All in all i'm not sure there is a sure fire way to fix the problem completely, just try your best

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Make whatever the tortoise is in really soft - thick, soft blankets or foam rubber, or even packing peanuts protected, of course from hungry mouths.

ladyvalkyrie

Fort Sill, Oklahoma
Thank y'all! Deryn is a bit too big for my lap, and I sit really close to the steering wheel. I tried putting a fleece blanket under her box and she did much much better. No nervous pooping. She actually dozed off, which I guess she wouldn't have done if she was nervous.