Trevor pics, new camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
These are the best we've got so far since this is with a much better new camera! How's he looking? I think he's quite handsome and regal. Growing like a weed too. Very personable. My favorite is the still sleeping in the shell one! My fiance woke him up for breakfast around noon, lol, and he stayed in his shell for about a minute before deciding to come out. hehe His little nostrils are cute too. He was chasing the camera. The last one is of his outdoor (and travel) tub. He's scared of being outside still!

2z4xq35.jpg

ru1gue.jpg

hrlco6.jpg

303ftbr.jpg

jhwisx.jpg

24zzo14.jpg

r10u8l.jpg

34erhnl.jpg

111qozs.jpg

a496hh.jpg

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Let's see if it will let me post the rest (apparently there is a 10 pic max?).

11makgw.jpg

14tv5at.jpg

21ed9xx.jpg

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Great pics Kate. Love the new camera what type is it? Trevor is such a cutie too.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
What a beautiful baby! He looks great! Nice smooth growth and everything! Its wonderful to finally see a clear shot of him :D. I like the hands pic too...I might just pirate your idea and do that w/ my little Anouska! It reminded me of the professional portraits they do of newborns almost!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Awww Trevor is so cute Kate !!!! He looks like Tallula with the like for fingers in the one pick. That how I get her to come get her food if she's not waiting for it! She comes running after my hand kinda snapping :p He's so lovely :) I'm sure he'll get used to being outside :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Kate,
Really nice pics, your little Trevor is a real cutie, he looks so adorable. I love his pretty little face :D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Wow what a beautiful Trevor. I'm so glad that you got a new camera. I don't know if Trevor's thrilled about it though (the flash and all). I think pictures #9 could go into the calendar for next year. Can't wait to see more maybe outside ones.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
It's a Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS; actually pretty basic! These are actually reduced quality from Facebook too. The new camera scares him a little more, and we were getting more closeups than usual (mine had to be steadied on the enclosure due to blurriness!).

Thanks so much for the comments! Glad his shell is doing well--I worry with the aspen (which he loves) vs. moist substrate.

I hope he gets out more soon. The last few days it's been up to 80 F in our house and we actually had to turn off his bulb today it was so hot! I figure once his cool end is more than the 70s we need to cool it down.

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
those are great pictures! What an adorable expression on the second to last on the first post!!! too adorable!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
He had such a fun day today. We re-arranged his enclosure, and put a ramp up and down from the top of his log with aspen. He did laps around the enclosure all day, climbing up and down the ramp! lol He looked like he was having a blast. Not scared at all with the change either. All this to accommodate switching the orientation of the water dish as he's grown and doesn't have enough clearance to walk on the side of the enclosure on the water dish rim. I'll have to add more pictures later--I'll try to add to this thread.

Another note: this was good practice to see how he does with a ramp, as we want to put on a second story one day. I had planned to block off part of his enclosure at first, but ran out of space, so we'll need a second story eventually as he grows! He loves the ramps, and motors around so fast.

Wow he's actually sleeping in his log hide! A first. I guess I finally put it in the right spot for him.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
great pics. i think my Fav is the one where your feeding him a clover with his little tongue stickin out. what a happy little tortie.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I tried with hundreds of pictures to get his tongue hanging out and that was the first time I succeeded! Trevor was one of our excuses to get a new camera. Score.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Anyone have any tips on getting him to like the outdoors? I've started to place him outside on our balcony for an hour on warm days, in his Rubbermaid (maybe 1.5x2 ft). He's probably getting used to the tub by now since he's been to the vet in it, and outside maybe 6 times. He still hides under his log every time I place him outside, for the entire time. All that is in there is the aspen (same in his enclosure so it should feel familiar) and I put his log from his enclosure. I don't want to not give him a hiding place because he's just a little guy; he'd burrow anyways (he's done that too). Any tips besides repeated exposure? I want him to like to go outside, not run and hide...yes he literally ran and hid today! Poor little guy. He's not getting any UVB from this if he hides the whole time. It's in the high 70s at least every time I put him out. I'd leave him longer if it was a little warmer, but I know his desired temps are in the 80s. Thanks!

I'll put this on a new thread if I don't get any replies, but I've started a lot lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.