Trolls?

Kaeloni

Location (City and/or State)
Montana
I’ve seen several threads where people are referred to as trolls? Are you saying that person has bright colored, fuzzy hair and a gem on their belly button? Or what? Fill me in.
IMG_8624.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Lmao. Trolls are people that join forums just to start trouble.
I like your trolls much better.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I actually think 'troll' is used more often to disarm or undermine someones differing opinion to that of the majority.
I agree with your meaning when on FB, or other forums that there is no real concern for what goes on. I see it a lot on the MLB forums.
On this forum though, it's been seen/used more in my opinion, in reference too members that come on here to dispute and cause arguing/fights/trouble.

Bee62

Germany
Thanks guys! Any other words I should know about?
Hello and welcome.
You will need no other words to know. :)
We are a very friendly, big "tort-loving" family on TFO. You are very welcome when you are no troll.:)

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
On this forum though, it's been seen/used more in my opinion, in reference too members that come on here to dispute and cause arguing/fights/trouble.

I guess I just don’t notice this. It’s a friendly banter that I see. And if y’all don’t like the way I’m living …

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've referred to people as TROLLS in the past.
Folks that join, never post and try to swoop in and take free tortoises.
Often if you check out their other posts there are none. And if they have other posts, they are usually other replies to other free tortoises. Species seemingly unimportant.
Motives unknown.
As for members that try to "stir the pot"....I find them much more interesting. Some have been amusing and memorable.
Some have been a combination. Case in point. Does anyone remember @deercorpse? (Maybe mispelled)
This person trolled us for money and free tortoises.