Tropical fixture light???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhcl2241

5 Year Member
I just went to the store and asked her for a larger light to use in the new enclosure that I am building and she gave me the fixture. I just got home and realized that this says that it is a "slimline tropical fixture" Tropical 25UVB T8 Fluorescent bulb.... this does not seem correct.. can someone tell me if this will work or not for my sulcata and my leopard. (clearly not tropical animals)

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I am not sure whether or not it is the appropriate UVB output, although I've used 5.0 for my red foot so 25 seems high, but those fixtures have a plastic cover over the bulbs that seem counterproductive and will probably filter out some of the UVB. I would suggest removing the plastic if you do use it.

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
I don't think 25% is the UV output, it would have to be an amazing bulb. It is probably the wattage or length in inches, do you have any pics of the tube?

mhcl2241

5 Year Member
Thanks. I really didn't trust it so I just went back and exchanged it for the desert bulb. I don't want to take any chances!!

theelectraco

5 Year Member
When I googled it and saw the fixtures online all the descriptions says 25. I was thinking it was a typo and was suppose to be 2.5. If you get the same type of fixture I would still remove the plastic.

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek

Status
Not open for further replies.