trying again

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfwinged1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio,TX
Hi All,
Well it has been a long while since i have been on,and wasn't sure about doing it again but i love tortoises! My first try was unsusscessful with Willow and Bubbles. It was trully awesome having them and we got very attached very quick.Life was great with them and Bubbles chirping was cutiest sound ever:)
One day we came home to find Bubbles had flipped over and was apparently there for awhile and was dead, she was only six months.Almost to the day, we actually went to pick up Bubbles ashes when we found Willow in the middle of their cage dead,she had soaked,eaten and pooped the night before there was no real sign of anything even the vet wasn't able to pin point anything she was 7 months,so we now have them in the same urn.
I invested alot of time energy into making sure it was all right for them to thrive for it to end so soon.Over the last couple weeks I have come to the conclusion to try again.So I am gethering up info if i should go back to red foot,yellow foot or try one of the greek species? Excited about it all over again,the last six months of not having a tortoise around reminded how much I enjoyed the shelled girls!
Glad to be back:)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Whichever you decide I would recommend an older tortoise. oh and welcome back to the forum, I hope you enjoy resuming your visits here.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So sorry about your losses, that sucks. However, we are glad your back. I agree with dmmj. An older tort would be a little easier and past the more sensitive hatchling stage.which ever you choose, check out Tom's thread below on Beginners Mistakes. Might help you feel more comfortable getting back into torts again. Good luck

cfwinged1

5 Year Member
San Antonio,TX
Thanks for the welcome back! I have had to pull out my readers because I have been scouring the forum for any info I may have missed! Y'all are awesome:)

Status
Not open for further replies.