Trying different food for Max

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Birmingham, Alabama
I feed my dog, Spice, a 65 pound Red noise Pit.
Instinct Raw Boost Grain-Free Recipe with Real Beef & Freeze-Dried Raw Pieces Dry Dog Food,
The freeze-dried raw pieces contain, A better way to feed kibble, Instinct Raw Boost Grain-Free Recipe with Real Beef & Freeze-Dried Raw Pieces Dry Dog Food is high animal protein, boosted nutrition featuring bites of freeze-dried raw meat throughout. Created to unlock your dog’s potential to thrive, and put the benefits of raw nutrition into every bowl, it’s made with USA-raised beef as the first ingredient for strong, lean muscles. It also includes a probiotic boost for digestive health, higher levels of omegas for healthy skin and coat, plus more antioxidantsfor immune health. calcium to phosphorus ratio 1.5-1.
I give Max some of the freeze-dried chunks and he really loves it. From what I have learned about the Freeze-Dried dog food. I think it’s ok for him to eat.

He had no interest in the Mazuri Tortoise Diet Food.​

I would love to hear input from the experts .
Thanks Gerry
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein35.0% min
Crude Fat21.0% min
Crude Fiber3.5% max
Moisture9.0% max
Zinc120 mg/kg min
Selenium0.6 mg/kg min
Vitamin A18,000 IU/kg min
Vitamin E120 IU/kg min
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)100 mg/kg min
Omega-3 Fatty Acids0.6% min
Omega-6 Fatty Acids3.1% min
Bacillus Coagulants80,000,000 CFU/lb min
Taurine0.1% min

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Be careful Gerry, of animal fat............our little guys don't digest it well.....but on the upside,

Max will have a deep shiny, healthy shell and skin, perfect for those mating nights with someone special......

Boxedinmyshell

Illinois
I like to stick to feeder insects (live or freeze dried) for protein for my box turtles. Hardboiled eggs are eagerly accepted but only given occasionally. Tuna goes over well, but rarely served. Dog / cat food is served rarely. My main issue with it (and cow meat) is that it makes a boxie‘s feces smell extra pungent and nasty. They require no augmentation in this area. It’s good to keep it interesting though and experiment with different foods.