Turtle Breed

BunnyFilms

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
Hey there! I have two pet turtles and recently, it dawned upon me that I do not know their breeds for certain. I am pretty sure that the larger turtle is an Eastern Box Turtle (correct me if I am wrong), but I cannot figure out my other little fella.394ACC77-2CDF-4009-BD63-AADA6F2E1889.jpeg B7D6FEE5-5CCD-4841-8B90-D70CE3760455.jpeg

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
They both look like 3 toed box turtles. Which are vary similar to eastern box turtles. The second one can even be hybrid. or just a really nice looking 3 toed. They both are great looking though.

Kyle

domalle

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Hey there! I have two pet turtles and recently, it dawned upon me that I do not know their breeds for certain. I am pretty sure that the larger turtle is an Eastern Box Turtle (correct me if I am wrong), but I cannot figure out my other little fella.View attachment 250910 View attachment 250911

@Millerlite is right. They are Three-Toed Box Turtles, Terrapene carolina triunguis. But you are right as well. The Three-Toed Box Turtle is a form of
Eastern Box Turtle, Terrapene carolina carolina.
I could be wrong but the little one's eyes look like it might have a vitamin deficiency. Check the diet. They are omnivorous and need a variety of foods.

BunnyFilms

Kansas
@Millerlite is right. They are Three-Toed Box Turtles, Terrapene carolina triunguis. But you are right as well. The Three-Toed Box Turtle is a form of
Eastern Box Turtle, Terrapene carolina carolina.
I could be wrong but the little one's eyes look like it might have a vitamin deficiency. Check the diet. They are omnivorous and need a variety of foods.
Thanks for the heads up about the little one. I will look into expanding her diet. Typically I feed both of them fruits, protein, and a mix of greens. The little one does eat grub too when I take them on walks outdoors. Here is another picture of the turtle too if it helps. I took that picture after they took a little swim. F6661F00-6B4E-4E7F-B363-2F1751883835.png F6661F00-6B4E-4E7F-B363-2F1751883835.png