TURTLE NIGHTMARE - GOOD ENDING

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
I have a 50G tank with 5 Mud Turtles in it. # Three Striped and 2 Red Cheeked. Water lever is more than 2 shell lengths of the largest, from the top with tons of furniture.
Yesterday, I went to feed them, not having sen them in 2 days. Rosie the biggest ( 4") is gone! Nothing made sense, as far as climbing out. It was as if she had been removed from the living room.
My husband and I were a 2 man search and rescue team. We looked for hours inside and outside. My biggest fear was our 4 dogs.
Feeling defeated, we came up to our cabin yesterday evening. We were really upset and something just did not make sense and still doesn't. There was no sign of foul play from a dog.........
We left the mountains to look again, before the Chino Show. My husband turned a chair over and guess who was looking at him? A very dry and healthy looking Rosie.
The water level is dropped to half of the tank and a top is being custom made by hubby, for security without blocking light.
I will never understand but am so happy!!!!!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
WHEW!!!! What a scary close call! So glad it had a happy ending! Congrats!

I think Rosie should forfeit at least 2 weeks' allowance to help pay for the materials to alter the tank! (jk!) ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.