Turtle Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, CA
Early last week I ordered a male and female southern painted turtle from Turtle Source. I received them quickly. But, what they sent was two males rather than the pair I requested. I wrote them explaining the problem. I offered to pay for the third turtle if they would cover shipping. IMO, a fair offer as they sent the wrong thing. The first two days they said that they would get back to me the next morning. Now, for the last three they are just ignoring my emails. Sad, I was planning on stocking my pond through them. So, before anyone orders from them, please remember the way they "take care" of their customers.

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
Finally, after a week the problem has been resolved, after I called them. Paid for another turtle and it is supposed to be here in the morning.

TommyZ

5 Year Member
I had a similar communication issue there. It seemed to take days to get a hold of them, i left emails and phone messages, never got a reply. However, once i finally did get them, they were quite helpful and the tort came promptly. So, i had a mixed experience (unresponsive, but good price and healthy tort). I get the feeling its a family run shop, as there is usually two girls who answer the phone that sound young. Im pretty sure the owner Mark does the breeding himself, and seemed willing to talk for a while...when i finally got him that is.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Maybe understaffed high amount of email and customer problems? Also busy time of the year I would assume.

Glade to hear all is right

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Yeah, its hard to tell but i think its a family run, mom and pop kinda place. Pretty sure its his kids doing the office stuff. I will say though it was a bit frustrating at first, but in the end it worked out.

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
Now, I'm supposed to get a $5 refund because the only female they had in the size I needed had extra scutes. We'll see

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
Refund processed. So, all in all I'm happy with the Turtle Source and would probably buy from them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.