Tweak my husbandry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stells

bettinge said:
I like it! I would only suggest puting the basking light more toward one end so there is a greater variation in temps!

I don't agree i would have left it where it is... this is a Redfoot... they don't actually bask... and need quite consistent temps throughout the enclosure... i do agree with the low light levels... esp when they are youngsters like yours is... and when i kept mine i didn't use light but used a ceramic heater instead...

Julirs

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tamps Bay, Florida
stells said:
bettinge said:
I like it! I would only suggest puting the basking light more toward one end so there is a greater variation in temps!

I don't agree i would have left it where it is... this is a Redfoot... they don't actually bask... and need quite consistent temps throughout the enclosure... i do agree with the low light levels... esp when they are youngsters like yours is... and when i kept mine i didn't use light but used a ceramic heater instead...

Just so you know-there is no basking light. Just the ceramic heater and the UVB tube.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Ya did good Julirs. Throw in some plants...fake or real...and you're all set. Humidity, low light, places to hide, high 80's .....perfect home.
Follow Terry K's care sheets...they are just so simple....and they work..IMHO. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.