Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I took in two young sulcatas this a.m. that are looking for homes. They're in pretty good shape with just slight pyramiding. Their story:

A friend of the person who turned them in had a male and female sulcata. The person who turned them in encouraged the friend to break the eggs because of there being so many sulcatas in the market, however, they didn't always see the nests. So these two hatched naturally in the ground. Eventually the female was lost due to a cave-in of the burrow. The friend gave the two hatchlings to the person who turned them in, who has since moved to a new neighborhood that isn't really conducive to good tortoise-keeping...small yard, hard pan, no vegetation and not easy to grow any. So she decided it would be best for the tortoises if they were given a new home. She also tried to talk the friend into turning in the big male, but they're not ready for that.

I'm not real sure, but looking at the direction the anal scutes point, I'm leaning towards female.

No fee adoptions, but I do have to come over and see the area where you plan to keep a tortoise to be sure its safe.

rescue41429-4-11a.jpg

rescue41429-4-11b.jpg

rescue41429-4-11d.jpg

rescue41429-4-11c.jpg

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Would you like to drive to Wittmann and inspect my habitat?
I hope you find them a great home.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Laura said:
CAVED IN BURROW.. that is why I dont let mine do that...

I don't know anything other than that one sentence because I didn't question it, but why didn't they try to dig her out? Tortoises can hold their breath for a very long time. Oh well...

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
I would love to take those two!! How far is it from Clovis to Memphis?? hehehe

Janine2566

5 Year Member
Southern CA
sounds like you have plenty of torts needing good homes wish you would do yard check by pic as I have a large yard desert plants grass and brick wall so very tort ready the lady that lived here before had a desert tort but she took her to her new home

stena29

5 Year Member
Porterville ca
Would u be willing to drive to porterville???

Or I could used pictures of what I got

Timmytort

5 Year Member
Ok I'm interested, I'm in AZ near Phoenix and you can look at my enclosure in the enclosure section it's not an enclosure. It's my yard with a tiki hut for a hide and irrigation to water some grass and weeds and a self sustaining water bowl. Let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.