Two Healthy Tortoises Seek a Caring Home

erdmanne

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Wisconsin
I introduced "Anna" the Redfoot and "Lara" the Yellowfoot" on Tortoise Forum eleven years ago, but subsequently posted only three times. I bought Anna, the Chelonoidis Carbonaria and Lara, the Chelonoidis Denticulata, for my wife, who was suffering Alzheimer's, and who had fond memories of turtles on the banks of the Illinois River near her childhood home. She has been gone for eight years, but Anna (Redfoot) and Lara (Yellowfoot) have stayed with me, been healthy at every veterinary check, and live in a custom-made 7-foot wide, 28-inch across, and 16-inch high "universe" here in southern Wisconsin. As I am seventy now, I realize that with good care, Anna and Lara will likely outlast me (though I plan to hang on for a long time). What is more, sometime in the next few years, I will be leaving the home my late wife and I built for smaller quarters. So I am trying to find these girls (or so says the veterinarian) a new home. Of course, I will miss them, but that is the way of life.

This is not a sale for money: I am anxious about finding Anna and Lara (and their "universe," too) a new home where they may live with care and kindness. I will be happy to post photos directly from my PC a.s.a.p. So far, I unfortunately have not been able to figure out how to do so. (I have used various search terms in the Search function at the upper right of the screen. I am familiar with posting photos on other forums).

Last edited:

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
I introduced "Anna" the Redfoot and "Lara" the Yellowfoot" on Tortoise Forum eleven years ago, but subsequently posted only three times. I bought Anna, the Chelonoidis Carbonaria and Lara, the Chelonoidis Denticulata, for my wife, who was suffering Alzheimer's, and who had fond memories of turtles on the banks of the Illinois River near her childhood home. She has been gone for eight years, but Anna (Redfoot) and Lara (Yellowfoot) have stayed with me, been healthy at every veterinary check, and live in a custom-made 7-foot wide, 28-inch across, and 16-inch high "universe" here in southern Wisconsin. As I am seventy now, I realize that with good care, Anna and Lara will likely outlast me (though I plan to hang on for a long time). What is more, sometime in the next few years, I will be leaving the home my late wife and I built for smaller quarters. So I am trying to find these girls (or so says the veterinarian) a new home. Of course, I will miss them, but that is the way of life.

This is not a sale for money: I am anxious about finding Anna and Lara (and their "universe," too) a new home where they may live with care and kindness. I will be happy to post photos directly from my PC a.s.a.p. So far, I unfortunately have not been able to figure out how to do so. (I have used various search terms in the Search function at the upper right of the screen. I am familiar with posting photos on other forums).
Sorry to hear that you have to give up your loved ones. Just be careful on who you give them too. There are new members that will resell your tortoises for profit, I'm sure someone on this Forum can help direct to to the right person. Goodluck

erdmanne

10 Year Member!
Southern Wisconsin
Thank you, Warren. Yes, I would suspect that there might be those whose interest is only money making. Might there be some way I can post photos. The most consistent and more recent instruction indicate an "attachments" function to the lower left of the editing box. but I can find no such function. I am using a PC, Windows 11, Firefox.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Hi really sorry for your loss and hope you find a new home for the 2 females. Since your first post I have tried to work out publishing a picture and see no obvious icon.

Just tested my instruction failed! Hopefully someone in the know will help? @Yvonne G please can you share steps to upload a photo?

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I believe it's because you don't have enough content to post photos in the for sale area.
However. I found your post from 2013 showing them as babies.
Definitely a Redfoot (probably a Cherryhead) and a Yellowfoot.
Check your PMs. Ive sent a message.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230803_170537_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230803_170537_Chrome.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Here are the tortoises and their custom home

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230803_223328_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230803_223328_Gmail.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20230803_223343_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230803_223343_Gmail.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230803_223407_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230803_223407_Gmail.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 17

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Gosh they are big tortoise what a lovely enclosure. Hope you find a nice home for them.

erdmanne

10 Year Member!
Southern Wisconsin
Warren noted that it was Zeropilot who found the photo. Thank you, Warren: I was fooled by the "Like" name at the bottom. I should know better as this is a feature of another forum in which I participate. And again, Zeropilot: I am grateful to you for all the help. The two tortoises are available for adoption (not for sale) at: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/two-healthy-tortoises-seek-a-caring-home.206992/

erdmanne

10 Year Member!
Southern Wisconsin
I am grateful to all of you who responded in August. Lara and Anna have gone to a new home here in Wisconsin. I used an agency calling itself "Archies Angels," and after an application process and paperwork, the agency quickly discovered a taker. I do not know their exact location, and it is just as well. I do sometimes miss the redfoot yellowfoot, and their home, but I know it was a wise choice to find them place with someone younger and home more often.
Signing off with hopes for all of you to have healthy tortoises who are fun to observe.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi really sorry for your loss and hope you find a new home for the 2 females. Since your first post I have tried to work out publishing a picture and see no obvious icon.

Just tested my instruction failed! Hopefully someone in the know will help? @Yvonne G please can you share steps to upload a photo?
Once you have a new dialog window open, click on the paper clip at the bottom of the box (attach files). Then the computer or device looks for your photos on the device. Choose which photo you want to post and click 'open'.