Two New Addittions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati Ohio
Hey everyone, so today I went to the reptile show in Columbus Ohio today. I went looking for one adult female russian but couldnt help myself when I saw another little baby, so without further rambleing, here are my two new babies!
100_0497.jpg

100_0496.jpg

100_0502.jpg

100_0493.jpg

100_0495.jpg

100_0501.jpg

100_0492-1.jpg

100_0491.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw...Russian babies are so cute, huh?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Did you buy one adult and one hatchling? if you don't mind me asking what you paid for them?

Smithen

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
emysemys said:
Aw...Russian babies are so cute, huh?

That they are, I love them lol.

Torty Mom said:
:D congrats! They are very cute and the little one is sooo tiny!!! Have you picked out any names yet?

The adult I'm calling Violet, the baby since I don't know the gender yet we are just calling it Tiny.

dmmj said:
Did you buy one adult and one hatchling? if you don't mind me asking what you paid for them?

That I did. They were asking $65 for the adult and $125 for the baby but after a little haggleing we got them both for $160, around here I can only find adults for $125 and babies for $175.

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
Awwww! I want a bbaaabbbbyyy! :)

DoversMama

5 Year Member
So teensy-weensy! How adorable. I'm sad that we never got to see Dover that tiny!

Congrats on the beautiful additions to your family!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Awww congrats on your new additions :) They are both adorable!

datsunissan28

5 Year Member
Ohio
I saw the hatchling Russians for sale at the All Ohio Reptile Show and was so tempted to get one, but I'm glad to see its going to someone else that actually cares. That show always worries me when I see parents buying multiple animals for their twelve year olds.

I forgot to mention I also got my pair of Russians from the same vendor. They're usually good about haggling on prices.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
datsunissan28 said:
I saw the hatchling Russians for sale at the All Ohio Reptile Show and was so tempted to get one, but I'm glad to see its going to someone else that actually cares. That show always worries me when I see parents buying multiple animals for their twelve year olds.

I forgot to mention I also got my pair of Russians from the same vendor. They're usually good about haggling on prices.

I saw a parent buy a SULCATA for her five year old at the Mississauga expo, because her kid said it was "cute". I was SOOOOOO mad when I heard that, but luckily the vendor with the sulcatas wasn't rushing for their money, because they managed to dissuade her by saying a sulcata will grow to over 2 feet and weigh hundreds of pounds.
And guess what? She went to buy a redfoot instead!!!! :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I to am hoping for some russian hatchlings this year. We will have to wait and see.

Smithen

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
datsunissan28 said:

Ya they were pretty good about it, were very nice as well so I was pleased with the way it turned out.
tortoises101 said:
datsunissan28 said:

I saw a parent buy a SULCATA for her five year old at the Mississauga expo, because her kid said it was "cute". I was SOOOOOO mad when I heard that, but luckily the vendor with the sulcatas wasn't rushing for their money, because they managed to dissuade her by saying a sulcata will grow to over 2 feet and weigh hundreds of pounds.
And guess what? She went to buy a redfoot instead!!!! :(

Well I am glad they were able to be talked out of a Sulcata but it still makes me sad to see people buy these poor little animals because there little child thinks they are cute. I guess I cant really say too much though because I to was that small child at one point who got my first russian at the age of five. Thankfully I have very good parents who learned how to care for them and did all the research before deciding.

Tyler

Kenny

5 Year Member
Tempe, Az
Ya know, I don't go to reptile shows because I have no chance at resisting a little baby tort like that lol
Great pick up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.