Two year old leopard

KateZ

My little guy is slightly over two years old and still hasn’t grown. He weighs approx 7.5 ounces or 210 g. He seems to eat, soaks often and has a healthy habitat. He regularly enjoys outdoor time here in Scottsdale weather permitting. Vet checks don’t indicate illness. Any suggestions to increase his weight?

Attachments

• 4F4881E4-2187-4162-B3EE-BB27389A1409.jpeg
    4F4881E4-2187-4162-B3EE-BB27389A1409.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 75

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Daily soaks, less time outside, and regular Mazuri (Not LS).

KateZ

I try every day. Even hand feed him. Lol. Some days I can get him to eat a little. It’s so hard for me to see the fabulous growth of some of your torts and my little guy just isn’t growing. A year ago the vet through metabolic bone disease, then late last year another vet thought a respiratory infection, my third visit to another vet suggested parasites. He’s been treated for MBD with calcium daily injections and pain meds. The respiratory infection was treated with antibiotic injections and the parasites treated. I have a zoo Med habitat. Appropriate lighting and temp based on guidance you guys provided last year when I got him.

KateZ

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will try this right now. At two years four months how long would you soak? Strange large breeder told me December 2016 when I bought him, at 13 months old, that he was old enough to live outside in Arizona. Glad I didn’t do that.