Unexpected new addition....

S2G

Location (City and/or State)
AL
The little Ball python is gorgeous 😍. I own six of them but mostly normal, no strikingly beautiful morphs.
Thanks. Its def a looker.

I used to have one! Just a normie, they’re the puppy dogs of snakes I swear, some are scared of their own shadow🥹

Thats what is throwing me off. Ive never handled an animal so timid. Im so use to moving these squirrely wild rat & kingsnakes around here. Its good though snakes kinda freak my wife out & this being so timid def helps her warm up to them. Ive been looking at boa videos today though. I cant believe ive never had a snake until now. Hows the boas behavior?

Attachments

• 20240712_151435.jpg
    20240712_151435.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240712_151519.jpg
    20240712_151519.jpg
    564.8 KB · Views: 2

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
The timidity will probably stop when he feels secure in his new "territory". He will be a fun, calm pet for you. Handle him often so he gets used to you and doesn't react in a scared way. Be careful not to let anyone handle him who might drop him if he takes a little nip off of them. Let them hold him over a bed. Make sure he has a nice big soaking pool.

Reactions: Tom

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Thats what is throwing me off. Ive never handled an animal so timid. Im so use to moving these squirrely wild rat & kingsnakes around here. It’s good though snakes kinda freak my wife out & this being so timid def helps her warm up to them. Ive been looking at boa videos today though. I cant believe ive never had a snake until now. Hows the boas behavior?
They are very timid little snakes, once they get used to you and your smell they’re genuinely so sweet though, they can be picky eaters hence aren’t generally recommended as a beginner snake. I didn’t have mine long, I was kind of a ‘stop gap’ home whilst my friend, his original owner, found his permanent home because she could no longer keep him. But boy did I enjoy the time I had with him❤️I would’ve kept him but my mom at the time absolutely hated having a snake in the house, despite as I say, being scared of his own shadow🤣he never once bit and would never strike at you even when scared, he’d just flinch away😭he was even frightened of the dead mice I’d dangle in front of him at dinner time🥲
Once he was used to me, he was the sweetest snake in the world, I loved him to pieces, he was so calm to handle and was wonderful when others would hold him too, as long as I was the one getting him out the viv haha, I never thought a snake could be so friendly until I met Nigel, he made ball pythons my absolute favourite snakes.

Once yours knows you and his territory, you’ll understand the bond you can build with them, once he’s settled try to handle daily, it goes a long way in them trusting you❤️

My mom now tolerates her partners giant boa😂she wanted rid but he had her before they met lol. Boas are generally very docile snakes, despite their intimidating size and natural instinct to squeeze the life out of you!😅they’re pretty chill😊
I’d post a cool photo I got of her with a giant rat in her mouth but idk if it’d be allowed, might be seen as graphic😬

S2G

AL
The timidity will probably stop when he feels secure in his new "territory". He will be a fun, calm pet for you. Handle him often so he gets used to you and doesn't react in a scared way. Be careful not to let anyone handle him who might drop him if he takes a little nip off of them. Let them hold him over a bed. Make sure he has a nice big soaking pool.
Calm is a better word than timid. I have it setup now so hopefully it feels more secure.
They are very timid little snakes, once they get used to you and your smell they’re genuinely so sweet though, they can be picky eaters hence aren’t generally recommended as a beginner snake. I didn’t have mine long, I was kind of a ‘stop gap’ home whilst my friend, his original owner, found his permanent home because she could no longer keep him. But boy did I enjoy the time I had with him❤️I would’ve kept him but my mom at the time absolutely hated having a snake in the house, despite as I say, being scared of his own shadow🤣he never once bit and would never strike at you even when scared, he’d just flinch away😭he was even frightened of the dead mice I’d dangle in front of him at dinner time🥲
Once he was used to me, he was the sweetest snake in the world, I loved him to pieces, he was so calm to handle and was wonderful when others would hold him too, as long as I was the one getting him out the viv haha, I never thought a snake could be so friendly until I met Nigel, he made ball pythons my absolute favourite snakes.

Once yours knows you and his territory, you’ll understand the bond you can build with them, once he’s settled try to handle daily, it goes a long way in them trusting you❤️

My mom now tolerates her partners giant boa😂she wanted rid but he had her before they met lol. Boas are generally very docile snakes, despite their intimidating size and natural instinct to squeeze the life out of you!😅they’re pretty chill😊
I’d post a cool photo I got of her with a giant rat in her mouth but idk if it’d be allowed, might be seen as graphic😬
i cant wait until it settles in so i can handle it more. Definitely a neat little snake.

S2G

AL
Little bp is starting to come out of her shell. Definitely a timid little thing, but i like her. Trying to get her to eat looks like its going to be a task. I cant believe i havent had my own snakes until now.
20240720_151745.jpg

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK

S2G

AL
Please keep us updated on your progress with the eating especially. I might have some tips about that.
I have a few ideas, but Im open to suggestions. I think i goofed putting it in a bigger enclosure. I bet it was use to a smaller rack tub.