Unhappy Russian Tortoise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansie1

5 Year Member
Hi
My Russian tortoise has started trashing her house, tipping over her water and eating alot less. She used to sleep in a slipper (her choice) and now wont go near it. I cant understand why all of a sudden she has changed. We are really worried about her, can anyone shed any light on this for me?
Thank you

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Often times russians like to destroy their habitat. as long as she is eating don't worry, she may just be eating less due to weather changes, even with the best light and heat they can sometimes sense the temperature changes

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Hansie1:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Welcome to the group! Can you take some photos of the enclosure? How long have you had the tort? Any recent changes? Sometimes torts get temperamental when their enclosure is too small or they are stressed. Is the slipper in the enclosure, or does she have free roam of your room/house? Torts need a safe and warm enclosure. In winter it can be common to be less active and eat less, but you do need to keep an eye to make sure the tort is awake every day, is not loosing weight, and is kept in adequate temperatures with UVB (a gradient available from 70/75-95/100).

Status
Not open for further replies.