UNIQUE MARBELING IN REDFOOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Still think this lil' gal is incredible...I own and have seen many RF's
( almost all cherry head) that have marbled features, but not a regular redfoot with such distinct colors and pattern like this one. Unlike most of the " other" marbled ones who " marble up " in white splotches, this lil gal, is more a vivid yellow ( although the camera/pic makes it look more white) and a very distinct pattern. She also has perfectly symetrical head scales with a pure Yellow head. Super red coloring on her legs...as well.
Please share some pics of your Marbled .. redfoots,would be neat to see if there are any other *Regular Rf's out there with such features.
MARBRF2-1.jpg
MARBRF3-1.jpg
MARBRF4-1.jpg

HAPPY TORT~N
JD~:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
She's very pretty, but its almost a shame to see her marble (because of the light original color being so unusual).

Shelli

5 Year Member
Antigua West Indies
Wow she is a beauty her shell is really amazing!
I must say I have a softspot for yellow headed red legged redfoot tortoises... wooof that was a bit of a mouthful... lol

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
She's very pretty, but its almost a shame to see her marble (because of the light original color being so unusual).

I know ya like the " light " ones ... :p
JRGLD.jpg

fred gaal

10 Year Member!
Are you sure there is not a litle Cherry head gen in you adult red foots?
I have also two aduts whos hatchling marbeling, but I think there is l litle cherry head blood
in them.
I hope I will think off it and take some pictures this weekend, otherwise rmember me>.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
fred gaal said:
I have also two aduts whos hatchling marbeling, but I think there is l litle cherry head blood
in them.
I hope I will think off it and take some pictures this weekend, otherwise rmember me>.

Nope .... Fred .. and yer hard to reach ... daRN time zones! ;)

fred gaal

10 Year Member!
N2TORTS said:
fred gaal said:
in them.

Nope .... Fred .. and yer hard to reach ... daRN time zones! ;)

Sorry, I dont now how you mean it, No Cherry head gen at your torts?
Why hard to reach?

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Fred, can you post pictures of the plastron? And the face? That is a very interesting tort. We may be able to tell if it has cherryhead blood by the plastron. Thanks.

Allegra

fred gaal

10 Year Member!
allegraf said:
Fred, can you post pictures of the plastron? And the face? That is a very interesting tort. We may be able to tell if it has cherryhead blood by the plastron. Thanks.

Allegra

Thanks, I'm sure there must be cherry head blood in them.
The parents are cb but to large for a cherry head, about 5 to 6 KG.

tijdelijk002-2.jpg

tijdelijk010-1.jpg

Can you post a picture from the plastron of yours?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Fred...Thanks for the pics!
Nice looking marble tort ....and for sure yours has Cherry blood" in them .. if not pure cherry.One tell , tell sign is the " marbled plastron"... which no matter how much marbleing is going on on the top carapace, the bottom will almost always be marbled. ( although I have one large male Cherry who has an almost ALL black bottom.) I have of few similar to your little guys as well. They have a different look to them, so called the "dwarf type of cherrys" their shape , and size is much different from all others.) . I belive you obtained some from Wanda, and Joe..( or vice versa) right ? Anyhow , the lil gal in this original post is much different than any of the above. Like a mentioned her "marbleing" is much more patterened "not just a splash of whites here and there " .. also its not white its YELLOW! ..I will try and get some better pics today ...none the less ...she is a beauty in my eyes, and much different than the other RF's and cherrys I have seen or own. Hence with my other hobbies that include horticulture, I have dubbed here the " varigated gal" .. since she looks more " varigated" .. than marbled" ...
Heres a couple of of other shots ..Check her plastron ..It's more like a " Northern" ...
Varigatedbottom.jpg
Varinice2.jpg
variclose.jpg

JD~ ....
Hows your Albino , Hypo ... project going ?

fred gaal

10 Year Member!
Yours is a beauty for sure.
I have in the same clutches torts with cherry head plastron and also with a nothern plastron, that and the size from the parents makes me sure that they are not 100% cherry head.
The parents from the marbelt are the same as from the albino.
This year I only breed one albino, because something did go wrong with incubating the eggs.
From the 2007 and 2008 I did sell a few, that made it possible for me to start with platynota.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Here is a young 6" starting to marble ...
mango5.jpg

and yet another...one of the " dwarfs"
ultra1-1.jpg

and here is a 9"female
MARBFBEST.jpg

And the bottom of a large 10" male
ALPHAMALECHERRYBOTTOM.jpg

Bottoms of 6" cherrys .. .notice the start of marbleing
JUVCHERRY-ATAIL.jpg

another large 10" female who is producing eggs at current ~
Femalered.jpg
AdultCherryFemaleBottom.jpg

Jrcherry3Face-2.jpg

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
N2, check the front legs of that beauty... In the second post it appears to show a 'spur' which is a characteristic of the southern group. AFAIK, the northerns never have this feature.

This pic shows the spurs clearly (circled in green):
Cherry Head Spurs

FTR, not all Cherryheads have them nor do they all have marbling.

Status
Not open for further replies.